Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a volant air intake on my 03 ext. It is a bit noisy for my taste. Is there any tricks to quiet it down without hurting the flow?

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
I installed a volant air intake on my 03 ext. It is a bit noisy for my taste. Is there any tricks to quiet it down without hurting the flow?
Are there any tricks? No.

You can remove the new intake to quiten the sound. The power gains are negligible anyway.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Earplugs will quiet the sound. You added a performance product which increases air intake. Increasing this volume unfortunately for you increased the noise. Enjoy the performance sound, most will never get to experience high performance.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT
2,090 Posts
no offense but if you researched you would have found that out of all the intakes Volant is i believe the loudest on these trucks.. I believe the K&N is quieter but still you get that rumble when you step on it.. Personally I have the Volant and I love the sound.. it would only kick in when i stepped on it and you would really even notice that it was there until you stepped on it.. that wasnt enough for me so I got an exhaust upgrade and now i love the way my truck sounds.. as far as making the sound quieter there is not much you can really do.. you can try dynamating the underside of your hood but I dont think that will do much.. either sell the Volant and grab a new intake, go back to stock, or deal with it.. after a while the noise will go down.. not sure if its just that you get used to it or if it jut lightens up over time but now i barely notice it until i get on it.. at least before i upgraded exhaust..

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
Interesting, I always understood the Volant is the most tame sounding intake upgrade for the Escalade. I had a K&N and promptly removed it after a week. At any rate there must be a hundred threads on the matter.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well thanks for the opinions. I do think that some padding in the right areas might help. If cad. can make one quiet the volant can be made more quiet.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Make sure the plastic tubes are not touching each other in the coupler, this will cause a "louder air sucking noise" , I had Volant, K&N and Airaid on my 03', the Volant made much less noise by far when installed correctly, I say that because several of my wax customers complained about the noise, after some work they were all happy. The 07' Volant makes even less noise. As said you are taking in much more air and you will hear more noise than stock, you can always put a K&N type filter in your stock air box, you will not get as good performance, but it will be better than the stock paper filter. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts