Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac STS
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was trying to get a K&N drop in airfilter for my 1996 sts. but i cant get one for it but i can get a air hog. is the air hog any good???? does any one have any experience with the air hog and is it worth the 75$ canadain. whut hp gain would u see? and would it help with fule milage? thanx vary much.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
01 Eldo ETC, 02 Deville SOLD!
1,815 Posts
Numerous tests with many brands of paper, oil-soaked and CAI intakes on the Northstar have shown that, everything else being equal, the stock paper filter as fitted in the factory performs the best. Simply go to your local NAPA and get the OEM stock paper filter when the existing one gets dirty. For about four or five bucks, it's the best deal by far.

Do not waste your money on anything else.

As an aside, if Fram's air filters have the same quality and performance qualities as their oil filters, I wouldn't put one anywhere near a Northstar.

Believe it or not, the $50 million dollars or so that Cadillac pours into engine development every year actually does work. Their engineers know what they're doing.

If fuel line magnets, Tornados, Turbonators, oil-soaked air filters, or magic decals added any significant boost in HP or gain in MPG, they'd probably do it at the factory. I'm sure GM could get a deal on Air Hogs if they thought they would work better than the paper.

·
Registered
2008 SRX-V8, 1991 Eldorado
1,543 Posts
JimHare said:
Numerous tests with many brands of paper, oil-soaked and CAI intakes on the Northstar have shown that, everything else being equal, the stock paper filter as fitted in the factory performs the best. Simply go to your local NAPA and get the OEM stock paper filter when the existing one gets dirty. For about four or five bucks, it's the best deal by far.

Do not waste your money on anything else.

As an aside, if Fram's air filters have the same quality and performance qualities as their oil filters, I wouldn't put one anywhere near a Northstar.

Believe it or not, the $50 million dollars or so that Cadillac pours into engine development every year actually does work. Their engineers know what they're doing.

If fuel line magnets, Tornados, Turbonators, oil-soaked air filters, or magic decals added any significant boost in HP or gain in MPG, they'd probably do it at the factory. I'm sure GM could get a deal on Air Hogs if they thought they would work better than the paper.
Hmmm....never tested the magic decals.....*LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts