Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
02 annd 04 Escalade EXT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 Escalade EXT with about 70k miles, I'm only getting air flow from the dash vents no matter what air flow option I choose, so I'm not getting any air flow, hot or cold, from the foot vents or the defrost vents. An help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If check blend door actuator. It’s located on passenger side behind center console under the black plastic part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
If it isn’t changing anywhere it might be the Climate Control Module. Might be a bad fuse but most likely the controller.

·
Registered
02 annd 04 Escalade EXT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a Service Bulletin #04-01-38-008 that also deals with this, it that the HVAC actuator harness may contact a sharp edge on the instrument panel support brace, causing a rub through condition and grounding out the actuator control and/or feedback circuits. Has anyone had this issue? Affects 2003-2005 GM large SUV's

·
Registered
02 annd 04 Escalade EXT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update - So it was the actuator on the drivers side.

·
Registered
177 Posts
There is 2 on the drivers side. Was it the lower one or the higher one with the weird thing sticking out of the side.

·
Registered
29 Posts
More than likely it was the lower one. That one from what I understand deals with air flow direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
02 annd 04 Escalade EXT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It must be the lower one as I didn't see any others, it has a disk like thing with some gears on it that the actuator turns to make the air flow change. It is at about the bottom of the instrument cluster by the center console. It's a pain to change out, I removed the panel below the instrument cluster so move visibility.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts