Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS
6 Posts
Hi- I am new here. I am not an auto buff stud guy. Just know enough how to do it on enough to be dangerous. My question is... I have a 2003 stock CTS 3.2 ? 3.6 - whatever. My question is-- Is it worth it to buy a K&N air filter for the price of 52 bucks? Or stick with OEM? Would it make that much difference over the lifespan of the vehicle?

At this time I am not sure if I have the "DI" engine or the regular engine. I do have the luxury sport model, however.

Runs like a tank - love it. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Joe

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,441 Posts
Stick with the original Delco, WIX, Purolator, NAPA, Fram air filters. Any of them will flow far, far more air than the engine can use at WOT redline, while filtering down to the micron level.

K&N is overhyped overpriced product, but the sticker - on the driver's rear quarter window - is good for 2.3 hp at idle.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,027 Posts
Hi- I am new here. I am not an auto buff stud guy. Just know enough how to do it on enough to be dangerous. My question is... I have a 2003 stock CTS 3.2 ? 3.6 - whatever. My question is-- Is it worth it to buy a K&N air filter for the price of 52 bucks? Or stick with OEM? Would it make that much difference over the lifespan of the vehicle?

At this time I am not sure if I have the "DI" engine or the regular engine. I do have the luxury sport model, however.
The 2003 model only had a single engine available, the 3.2L, and it is not a DI engine.

Stick with a normal paper filter. A K&N filter will reduce pumping losses and generate a bit of extra HP, but it's not it's something you would feel in the seat of the pants.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L
12 Posts
I have a K&N drop-in (#33-2251) I'll sell ya if you are interested, $30. I've got an '05 3.6, but they use the same filter. Used it less than a month and just decided to splurge for the Volant. Let me know... I also saw you are somewhat local. I live just north of McKinney. I'm over in your area once a week or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts