Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 cadillac CTS 3.6L Automatic - I was driving the other day and noticed that when I took off fast from stop, my car would jump forward 3 or 4 times before switching to second gear and accelerating. After reading a few forums, I decided to replace my air filter. When I opened the trunk, I noticed that the main hose coming off the MAF sensor was only partially connected. I refitted the hose and the problem fixed itself. Since I was already driving to get a new filter, I replaced my air filter anyway. Since I replaced it, my engine sounds odd. The noise coming from my engine doesn't match the RPMs at all. There is an increasingly loud engine rev from 30 to 60mph that gets louder as I go faster, regardless of when my car switches gears. I thought that it might be a bad Mass airflow sensor, so I cleaned it with MAF sensor cleaner. Didn't change a thing. I replaced the MAF sensor today, and I still have the odd noise, along with less power. Replacing my MAF sensor made my car feel like it was driving a little better, but the issue is still there. I am going to replace the filter again to see if maybe I got a bad filter. Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

·
1999 Deville base
95 Eldorado, 99 Deville, 05 CTS
174 Posts
Looks like like nobody is gonna answer either of us, so I'll answer yours! It sounds like either your air filter box wasn't closed tight correctly, either before, or after you changed the air filter. I would check and see if its sealing tight all the way around the edges.

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >128k miles
442 Posts
Does the engine sound normal at idle? If you have a leaky vacuum hose or other leak I would expect abnormal sound at times other than 30-60 mph (although it may be worst during that range).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts