Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really thinking to hard on this one, 2003 CTS and I can’t figure out why the air conditioning won’t work. I don’t see any kind of button or control for turning it on, I see the ac off button but nothing else. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >131k miles
698 Posts
Press the button that says AUTO and then use the blue and red arrows on the left to control the temp.

One more thing. If you don't have an owner manual you can download it from Cadillac.com.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have done that and it doesn’t work just wondering if I was missI got something

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >131k miles
698 Posts
That suggests something is wrong with the controller, the circuit, or the AC unit. Are fuses good?

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,191 Posts
I am really thinking to hard on this one, 2003 CTS and I can’t figure out why the air conditioning won’t work.
What do you mean the A/C won't work? Does it not blow cold air? Or do you not get any air out of the vents at all?

What's the full story? Has the A/C ever worked while you've owned the car? Or did you buy the car recently and now that the weather is warming up you find that the A/C doesn't work?

Is there's no (or insufficient) refrigerant charge in the system then the compressor isn't going to kick on. If there's no (or insufficient) refrigerant charge then there's a leak somewhere that needs to be fixed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts