Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The air conditioning in my car only works when it is cool outside. It is now 100 degrees and it wont work. I just replaced the entire heating/cooling module and same thing. I When I start the car and leave the air off and then turn it on, I can hear it kick on. Please help, not fun in 105 temp with a 2 year old. Any ideas??

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
Re: Air Conditioning Wont Work!!!Help!!

take it to a mechanic and have it checked...is it blowing anything out of the vents?

·
Registered
CTS
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Air Conditioning Wont Work!!!Help!!

Yeah its blowing air, just warm air. I took it to a mechanic who said it was the module, he didnt charge me to look at so he wont back it up. What else could be wrong?

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
i would have to say if it is blowing warm air, then it needs to be recharged...you could do this yourself (but be careful and dont put to much in and it blows up on you) or take it somewhere and have them recharge it for you. it should cost under $100 to have it recharged somewhere and i would almost have to say less than $50 last time i had one of mine recharged

·
Registered
2015 CTS
151 Posts
i have the same problem i took it to the dealer saturday they said it was a bad compressor 1400.00 to replace to much for me so i called autozone 300.00 now i have to pay some to install it the compressor at the dealership is 746.00 so good luck let me know how you fixed the problem

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
did you try recharging you A/C first? or did you just go with the answer of the compressor being bad

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L VVT
1,062 Posts
this year, mine is working strangely. When you set it to 72, the real temp in the car is like 75-76. When you set the temp to 68, the real temp inside is 68 (and geez thats cold). It blows cool air until the fan goes down a bit and after that, it seems warm air coming from the vent. When its cool outside, there's no problem at all. But during daylight its like the car doesn't know it still hot in the car. Tomorrow I have an appointment for this at my dealer, I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
2015 CTS
151 Posts
i tried charging it will take the r134 but would not compress it that's what the dealer said so i order one from autozone for 300.00 now i need instructions on how to put it in does any one have them

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
this year, mine is working strangely. When you set it to 72, the real temp in the car is like 75-76. When you set the temp to 68, the real temp inside is 68 (and geez thats cold). It blows cool air until the fan goes down a bit and after that, it seems warm air coming from the vent. When its cool outside, there's no problem at all. But during daylight its like the car doesn't know it still hot in the car. Tomorrow I have an appointment for this at my dealer, I'll keep you posted.
I'm back from my appointment and the refrigerant was good. The problem was the climate control itself. They reflashed it and its working number one now! For those who wants to know ;)

·
Registered
CTS
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Spyke, How much did the dealer charge you for this? I hate paying a dealer for stuff, but I guess I am going to have to break down and pay a dealer to look at it. I am having the same problem with the ac working fine when it is cool and then when it gets hot it thinks I am not hot enough and blows hot air.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
just take it to a local mechanic...it should be much cheaper than the dealership...

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Spyke, How much did the dealer charge you for this? I hate paying a dealer for stuff, but I guess I am going to have to break down and pay a dealer to look at it. I am having the same problem with the ac working fine when it is cool and then when it gets hot it thinks I am not hot enough and blows hot air.
Total for the diagnostic and to put r134 refrigerant + check and test transmission oil level and ph and more + change differential fluid= 139.05$ tax included (CAN dollars).

They said that there's some problem with certain cts HVAC climate control unit. Mine was not, thank god! It was just missing a little of refrigerant. Today, I was freezing in my car at the same regular temp (72F). I'm so glad its back again!

Like text said, you could go to an independant shop and test it, its cheaper. I went back at the dealer because last year, they did a clean up on my a/c so if something was wrong regarding what they did last year, I would have argued with them!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm back from my appointment and the refrigerant was good. The problem was the climate control itself. They reflashed it and its working number one now! For those who wants to know ;)
I have the same problem. My system is charged. Refrigerant is good but it only works good in face and floor modes. When I put it in face mode it blows warm air. Not old enough. Firestone couldn’t figure it out. All checks good. They suggested that I take it to Cadillac??? Any one hav a answer? Thank you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts