Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 95 seville and the ac only blows cold through the passenger side vents, it has the climate control for both sides but I only get cold through the passenger side.
I was wondering if there is a sensor or solinoid or something that is prone to go bad on these cars,or can anyone point me in the right direction as to what it may be?
Would apprieciate any help

Thanks
Rod

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Just to make sure, are the vents open?? The little slider thing could be broken, so you may want to investigate that. Does it blow air through all vents. IF so, im sure some solenoid or blend door is stuck....

By any chance is it giving you codes??

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Oh yes, and welcome aboard :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome,
The vents are working fine, it blows just as hard as the other side and but not cold, also all the different positions such as floor,def,vent and floor etc work fine as well. It has to be something electrical, I think , I will check for codes asap.

Thanks

Rod

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Ok.... Let me make sure im clear on this....

All of the vents blow air (so a bad blower is out of the question), but it doenst blow COLD AIR out of the driver side vents.... I assume the defrost, floor vents, passenger side dash, and rear vents ALL BLOW COLD air. The only ones that dont are the driver side dash vents. Correct??

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Thats really weird..... I think its some sort of mix door problem, but im not the technical person. Hopefully KATSHOT will see this, he will know the problem.... :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I spoke to the dealer today and he said it was probably an evap tube and was going to cost $650!!! thanks very much I said!!

How could that tube make it do what its doing!!!???

Also Is there any way of making to fans come on at a lower temp?

Thanks

Rod

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I'm not going to doubt that, but it doesnt make sense.... I think there is only 1 evaporator, and if it blows cold on the other vents. There MAY be more than one, so dont take my word for it.....

KATSHOT, where are you buddy???

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Ok, Ok. I've been off for the weekend and away from my tech manuals etc so I didn't want to say anything before checking them. Unfortunately, they don't have a lot of "easy" info for this system. It appears that there is one blower motor and one evap. However there are a couple heater cores and seperate blend doors and actuators for ducting. If the master control panel is in "DUAL ZONE" then the blend door is "split" and sends some air to the passenger and some to the driver/rear seat. That's right, the rear seat gets to share with the driver. The way I'm seeing it, there are several things that "could" cause the problem described. Suffice it to say that unless you have a good deal of mechanical background, you'll be lost rather quickly in this system.
Other than relying on a tech, you're probably going to be limited to finding a vacuum line off or something similar. I HAVE heard of an issue whereby a similar problem arose and was traced to a bad blend door. Unfortunately, the repair required TOTAL removal of the instrument panel (dash board). I wish I had better news for you but..........

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
And that would also be the perfect time for the dealer to "find" something else wrong and charge you even more!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey thanks for the help elwesso and katshot, here is another funny thing, the air that goes to the back seat is cold.
I have had experience with dashes and ac as i used to convert left hand drive cars to RHD for sale in RHD countries, which meant completely dismantling the whole dash including the AC system and rebuilding it backwards (and a whole lot of other things aswell)
But I had never delt with one of these AC systems before, so i guess if an "easy fix" doesn't come up in a few days its out with the dash.

oh well

Thanks
Again

·
Registered
´67 Eldorado, ´96 Eldorado
522 Posts
Check error codes. If air mix door fault, its write code.
Second step - test vacuum actuators (you can check them without removing whole dash).
If they are OK, then it must be HVAC controller itself

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, the problem was that it was low on freon, weird how low freon will make it cold on one side and hot on the other.
It cost me about $20 to fix, funny how the dealer said it would cost $650.
Just goes to show...always go to your dealer...NOT!!!!

Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Truely....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts