Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My A/C quit working. The compressor doesn't seem to function. I have no idea why. Hopefully it will be an easy and inexpensive fix. I only have 33K miles on this vehicle.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow Steve you've had no luck with this car. A/C is usually one of GM's strong areas. I had a 99 Grand Prix that I just retired last year that never had the air conditioning system touched and still put out really cold air.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Adam,

You are very correct. This is my first ever GM car and my last. I paid cash for it in Jan 2010 thinking I was helping the economy by buying American. All I got was a headache. Now I'm laid off from a high tech job and am praying that this is not an expensive repair.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts
Adam,

You are very correct. This is my first ever GM car and my last. I paid cash for it in Jan 2010 thinking I was helping the economy by buying American. All I got was a headache. Now I'm laid off from a high tech job and am praying that this is not an expensive repair.
If you are out of warranty, might want to try a independent a/c repair shop. I'd bet they are cheaper and more competent than the dealer.

·
Registered
2010 SRX Luxury
373 Posts
I feel for you, just hope that it's an easy fix without much expense attached.

Adam,

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dropped my car off at 2:30pm on Monday. Here it is 5:00pm on Wednesday and I haven't heard a word out of the dealership. See what you get with a monopoly dealership in your city. Not much.

·
Registered
SRX
141 Posts
Maybe your dealer is one of the many Texas dealers trying to stop Tesla from coming in.

Anyway, you probably have a leak and that could be difficult to locate, if the leak is not in an obvious location. If it's the compressor, that could get expensive.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I finally heard back from the dealership about the A/C not cooling.

Here's the problem: http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/DownloadPdf?id=165597

My service adviser told me that the parts/labor were going to cost around $2K. But because I have such low mileage (33K) the service manager at the dealership talked to someone at GM and they are replacing everything for approx. $300.

Boy, did I dodge a bullet on this one.

I am VERY GRATEFUL to GM and my service people for helping me out with this. :)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After the dealer had the SRX for two weeks I got it back two days ago with a working air conditioner. Nice.

Today, I started it only to find that it had somehow lost all of my Favorites in my radio. I had to reprogram them. When I first got the car back after the A/C fix, the Favorites were all there and working. I have no idea why after two days it would lose them. I have had the Nav/Radio replaced twice and also have the recall software upgrade to it that is suppose to fix the problem where it loses the Favorites. It hasn't happened since but it is worrisome. What else can go wrong? Only 33K miles on this thing. OMG!

·
Registered
2015 SRX
31 Posts
Steve, now that the latest repair has been completed, I was wondering, what car are you going to get next, once you're back at work? With your free time I'm thinking you've made a selection by now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts