Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Escalade EXT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My A/C is just blowing air from the vents. It is not hot air...just warm air...like wind. My heater works fine. I did replace a blend door actuator about 2 years ago. I figured it needed some refrigerant this time, but it is actually showing too much refrigerant. The line coming off the accumulator is cold as ice! I placed a gauge and hose on the low pressure line and the gauge goes from low to high as the vehicle is running with the A/C on full blast. It goes to high charge and then it drops to low charge after the compressor clicks off. It does this repeatedly. I don't think it is normal the way the compressor is constantly clicking on and off, but I am not sure. I will appreciate any suggestions.

·
Registered
2006 Escalade AWD w/DiabloSport tuner,Jet Performance throttle body/MAF,Airaid MIT
1,284 Posts
I had an simlar issue with my front vents blowing "warm air" regardless of the temperature setting, however it was cause by a faulty dash control unit. A new control unit fixed my issue about three years ago now.

·
Registered
2004 Escalade EXT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
carguy75 did your dash control unit give any signs that it was the problem with the A/C? My heat and everything else works fine from the controls.

·
Registered
2006 Escalade AWD w/DiabloSport tuner,Jet Performance throttle body/MAF,Airaid MIT
1,284 Posts
carguy75 did your dash control unit give any signs that it was the problem with the A/C? My heat and everything else works fine from the controls.
Yes, the unit did have some glitches like the temp adjustments that would not affect the actually cabin temp in the winter. It would blow cold(or cool) air out of the front vents even when I set the temp to 80 degrees.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts