Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with the air conditioner on a 2000 Escalade leaking watwer onto the floor board of the passengfer side. I am wondering if there is a drain that might be clogged which is forcing condensation to back up and leak inside the car. (If so, can I unclog it myself) Any thoughts. Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
mikeb said:
Has anyone had any experience with the air conditioner on a 2000 Escalade leaking watwer onto the floor board of the passengfer side. I am wondering if there is a drain that might be clogged which is forcing condensation to back up and leak inside the car. (If so, can I unclog it myself) Any thoughts. Thanks in Advance.
Absolutely could be a clogged evaporator drain. Be careful and check it out. The drain is just a small rubber tube coming out of the fan case near the bottom in front. Even if it's not clogged, the fan case seal could be leaking. Either way it should be under warranty.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Take it to the dealer and let them worry about it!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
mikeb said:
I am happy to have read your question posted in July 2003 concerning AC leakage.
I have a 1996 STS Seville with exactly the same problem, water leakage at the front seat passenger’s feet.

The problem comes in the summer when the air is extra moist.

I have had the car serviced 3 times, but no one here (in Sweden) seems to know how to fix the problem.

What was your solution ?

/Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
agung_70