Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Fleetwood Brougham d’ Elegance package 4 door
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to start off by saying how awesome this forum is! I almost have my Cadi back up and running thanks to all the help here and have been able to do all the work myself so far! Thank you all so much.

The next problem, the air conditioning is only blowing out the lower, feet vents. Even the defrost is not blowing out the top vents and all the dash vents are not getting any air. What do I need to check? Fixable?

Thanks!

1985 Fleetwood Brougham 4 door with d' Elegance

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
10,108 Posts
Yes, fixable. Easily, too. The doors that direct the flow to the floor/dash/defrost are controlled by engine vacuum. You have a vacuum line off somewhere. I would start with the source under the hood, and if that is connected, check under the dash.

·
Registered
1981Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance Coupe m
392 Posts
If everything looks ok as far as the Vac. lines, then pull the glove box liner out and you will get to a black box that you can pull the cover off of. Then actuate the heater contols to see if the mode door motor moves. It will rust up because of the humidity in there and you may be able to get it running better with some WD40 or whatever.

·
Registered
86 DeVille (RIP), 89 Brougham D'Elegance, 95 FWB
922 Posts
Owner of an 89 Brougham for 8 years and counting. Mine has a vacuum leak somewhere that was only evident under heavy acceleration. Checked and replaced miles of vacuum lines, the reserve canister, and the valves at the control box. Never fixed it. Godspeed, my friend.

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
First thing to check is the climate control module behind the glove box liner. Remove the liner and verify the threaded blend door rod moves to fully closed (60 degrees) to fully open (90 degrees) displayed on the control head. If it moves as designed, then look for disconnected vacuum hoses at the diaphrams behind the glove box.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts