Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time to change my air compressor i know you can get the exhaust valve repaired but I rather buy a complete one and forget about it for another 100k. Which unit did you guys install and hows the quality of the compressor. Dorman, GM or Arnott.

thanks

·
Premium Member
2004 Escalade 6.0
1,121 Posts
Just got a Dorman 949-000 on Amazon for $235.36 and a pair of Monroe 40034 shocks for $210.52 each with free shipping for my 2004 a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
05 ESV Platinum
161 Posts
I second to go with Dorman complete kit. I went with the rebuild kit from Arnott, and although I have had no problems, for a little more money a new one would have made more sense. Agree with using Monroes as well if shocks need replaced.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dorman 250. GM 350 . Might try dorman didn't you have trouble with getting yours bolted up n9lo?

·
Registered
2006 Escalade ESV
180 Posts
godsdiablo said:
Dorman 250. GM 350 . Might try dorman didn't you have trouble with getting yours bolted up n9lo?
No that was me. Didn't realize the bolts when ratchet down pull forward and tighten down on the frame. Have had mine installed since first part of April. Works like a champ.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got the dorman in the mail yesterday, 3 bolts and it came right out. For anyone reading this and they need to change it, all you need to do is loosen the 3 bolts 13mm and move it towards the back of the truck and it should pull right out. No need to take the bolts completely off. Other then that it's 1 plug, 1 air line with clip and 1 hose that goes up by the filler neck for the gas tank that clips in. 15 minutes very easy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts