Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 XTS & 2016 Escalade
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, After 4 great years, the bumper to bumper, premium care warranty on my 2013 XTS Premium expired in January 2017.

While removing the air filter cover to inspect the filter, I noticed that the Air Cleaner Intake duct had a visible tear.

I stopped by my dealer to find out if this would be covered under the powertrain warranty, since it's connected to the engine. The service rep asked 2 different mechanics who recognized the tear immediately, and said they saw it commonly on this vehicle. They even asked if my Check Engine light was on yet, and I said no, but the look they gave me indicated it would only be a matter of time.

Ultimately, after checking with numerous dealer reps and going online, the service rep advised me that the repair would not be covered under the powertrain warranty, and the cost would be over $200 to repair it. I asked if this condition caused a Check Engine light if it would be covered, and again I was told no.

Has anyone else noticed a tearing on the air cleaner duct? I have the 3.6 (non-turbo) engine, and I wonder why Cadillac isn't covering this repair which appears to be fairly common.

·
Registered
2013 XTS Premium in Silver Coast Metallic
673 Posts
I had noticed that mine had a tear in it a while back and it was replaced under warranty, which is still in effect. You can buy that part on eBay for $84 with shipping and install it yourself easily.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello, After 4 great years, the bumper to bumper, premium care warranty on my 2013 XTS Premium expired in January 2017.

While removing the air filter cover to inspect the filter, I noticed that the Air Cleaner Intake duct had a visible tear.

I stopped by my dealer to find out if this would be covered under the powertrain warranty, since it's connected to the engine. The service rep asked 2 different mechanics who recognized the tear immediately, and said they saw it commonly on this vehicle. They even asked if my Check Engine light was on yet, and I said no, but the look they gave me indicated it would only be a matter of time.

Ultimately, after checking with numerous dealer reps and going online, the service rep advised me that the repair would not be covered under the powertrain warranty, and the cost would be over $200 to repair it. I asked if this condition caused a Check Engine light if it would be covered, and again I was told no.

Has anyone else noticed a tearing on the air cleaner duct? I have the 3.6 (non-turbo) engine, and I wonder why Cadillac isn't covering this repair which appears to be fairly common.
Mine tore, I took it off and had some plastic chrome duct tape and wrapped it. Check engine light went off and runs fine! Even looks custom.
The only replacement I found was $104. Impala will fit too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine tore, I took it off and had some plastic chrome duct tape and wrapped it. Check engine light went off and runs fine! Even looks custom.
The only replacement I found was $104. Impala will fit too.
I found the part on this site https://www.wholesalepartsexpress.com/product/2013-2018-cadillac-xts-engine-air-intake-hose-outlet-duct-outlet-tube-3-6-22935937/ for $79.99 and $5 coupon. It's the same price and brand on amazon as @Woodoggie said, but i don't have prime.

·
Registered
'18 XTS Luxury
311 Posts
Thanks for the help! Have you purchased and used this part yourself?
No, I have never needed this particular part. A GM part is a GM part though and I have purchased many other parts from Amazon. There are other sources as posted, or if you are not comfortable with DIY, pay the dealer for the part, 15 min. labor and a guarantee.
Edit:
Or a piece of Aluminum tape from your local Hardware store <> $10.

·
Registered
2016 XTS platinum
42 Posts
Does this part tear where one could see it while the air cleaner is assembled? Anyone got a picture of where they tear?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts