Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that I'm a dumass but I can't find the pics for modding the air filter housing. I've searched but obviously not the right parameters, anyone have a link to provide?

thanks

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i
1,840 Posts
rocketeer, please let us know if you end up cutting out the whole bottom of the airbox like in the pictures (there's more over at LS1Tech). There's a foot mounted towards the back-half of the airbox that appears as though it would rest on the lip behind the downward opening but in front of the wheelwell. If it's functional, I'm thinking of keeping it intact just in case it might minimize vibration that could lead to cracks, rubbing off paint, or whatever. I'm also wondering if it would be worthwhile to seal the bottom off from the engine compartment, maybe using some extreme-duty weatherstrip-like stuff?

·
Premium Member
2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual
1,371 Posts
I thought that over when I first saw it. While it works, Jesse, (Wait4Me), will soon have a full CAI mod which will replace the OEM air-box. I have that on order now. When going to the dealer, I will simply remove Jesse's CAI mod and re-install the OEM air-box. To me, that's better than chopping up the OEM box, and possibly having the dealer discover it during a visit.

Rob

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone, I tried every word in the link but not al together so I don't know why it didn't come up. IAE I may try this tomorrow if I have time.

any idea how long before W4M has his system available?

Luke how much for an air box?

·
Premium Member
2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual
1,371 Posts
any idea how long before W4M has his system available?

Luke how much for an air box?
Last I talked with W4M, he thought it would be very soon.

I think it was, "CadV", who looked into a new OEM air-box and found them to be about, $220.00, a copy - (ouch!).

Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts