Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 deville
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was driving today and after wot from just 20-50 my air bag light came on*B0044 – Driver Stage 2 Deployment Loop Resistance High. Is there a common cause for this or typically an expensive repair.

·
Registered
97 DeVille
172 Posts
Could you have done this with the kick panels under the dash off? You may have strained the air bag disconnect cable with your feet or the pedals.

I mention this because my Dad had done some work on our Caddy and left the panels off, and we wound up completely disconnecting the cable.

I fixed it by putting in a new connector on one end, as the wires had broken right at the safety plug for disconnecting the airbag while working in that area of the car(and I would like to punch the genius at GM who decided that they would have
a bunch of randomly shaped connectors for the air-bag disconnect plugs [both the inner part and the outer part] so you have to be really careful
when you do this to find the right shape connector).

·
Registered
70 Deville 77 Fleet 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
3,310 Posts
I was hoping for an answer because my '03 Deville did the same thing. I put it to the floor for a couple seconds and check engine and air bag lights came one. I haven't had time to look at it yet but an easy fix would be nice.

·
Registered
2003 deville
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No nothing was disassembled, I do know a manager at GM dealer service who has access to anything that might be needed. Most things I'd give a shot but not air bags.

·
Registered
2003 deville
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The light had been staying out for a day or so, last night it came on when I went out. Then few hours later stayed out for drive back, ugh going to be fun for someone to hunt the fault if it happens to be functional at the time.

·
Registered
2003 deville
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there anything special to do when unplugging and plugging back in the yellow connectors. My code is the b0044 Left Front/Driver Frontal Deployment Loop Circuit is there a more likely connector with this one. The results I saw on a Google search were all to or mentioning avalanche, escalade etc...

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
You have to disable the SRS system before disconnecting them. Most just disconnect the battery.

·
Registered
2003 deville
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK cool thanks if I try it will leave off half hour or so, any idea which or if cleaning/unplugging a connector is likely to cause my fault.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts