Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Reset it? If your AIR BAG warning lamp is on you need to get that serviced ASAP!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I need my light reset also. My local Cadillac dealer charged me $90 to tell me my SRS unit needed to be replaced. I don't trust them. Does anyone know where the SRS unit is located? Cadillac wants 2.5 hours labor to replace the $300 + part. A mechanic friend of mine says his book says one hour labor to replace. I would like to buy the part and try to replace it myself.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm not sure where it is in the Catera, but a lot of cars have it located underneath the passenger seat. I would recommend letting it be serviced by an appropriate professiional....but, if you are going to change it yourself, at a very least ensure that the battery is unplugged to keep from shorting anything out. Be carefull, and ensure that everything is connected correctly. Remember, air bags are much more expensive than the two hours of labor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
has anyone had any luck resetting their air bag on 97 catera? I have seen several post, but no answers on how they did it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
Logandiagnostic