Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I go about doing this? With my HID's installed I think my headlights are aimed to high and causing some glare, not sure how to aim the projectors lower though..

Any thoughts??

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Pop the hood open and you can access the screws on top of the headlights to aim them. The screw with the big plastic collar is for vertical adjustments and the other is a for the horizontal. You need to use an allen wrench to turn them.

Ideally, you should mark on the wall where light would hit if the projector of the headlight shot a beam of light from the center of the lense that was parellel to the ground. Back your CTS about 20-30 feet from the wall and turn on the headlights. Aim the lights so that where the cut off starts to step up sits right at the marks on the wall.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mbai, i appreciate it. Definitely excited to re-aim the headlights. Since they are stock halogen I think they are aimed high to give max lighting but with HID's my forground light is a little dull while putting to much light straight forward. I'm also going to place some aluminum tape on the shield over the sign spotters, I've noticed that the spotters sit right at rear view mirror height when ur close to a vehicle, people think its my highs and keep flashing me or moving out the way (Which is good thing) but I'm worried about pissin off some cop.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Yea, I had to cover up the sign spotters on mine after I installed the HID's. I used strips of aluminum from a soda can that was sanded on both sides to get rid of the paint and plastic coating. I glued it to the shield inside the projector using high temperature gasket maker silicon so that I can remove it easily if I need to. If you use tape, make sure that it can stand extremely high temperatures.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the aluminum tape is rated up to 200 F, think that's enough?? I was also thinking of JB weld to glue a piece of metal like u did but I believe JB Weld is pretty tough to remove.

What brand gasket silicon did u use??

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
200F should probably be enough.

I used Permatex Ultra Black Hi Temp RTV Silicone Gasket Maker. The product number is 598B or 598BR.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
2 Participants
BishopRuger