Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
sorry I haven't posted in what seems like forever. Everytime I tried to access the site, it'd lock up my router for some strange reason.

But anyway here's my dillemma. I've got a Olds 307 (out of an 86 cutlass I think the guy said) ready to go in. I figured that all I'd need to mount the sucker into my 85 Brougham would be the motor mounts out of an 86 which had the 307 from the factory.

Well, I got to my local GM dealer, and they quoted me $62.95 per motor mount!! They wanted almost 100 bucks for a new tranny mount too! So I went to autozone and advance auto parts lookin for the mounts. They both carry them for the 85 w/ the 4.1L motor, but niether carry mounts for an 86 w/ the 307.

So to all you guys that have swapped motors into your Broughams that have come originally w/ the 4.1L boat anchor, what mounts did you end up using with your swap? Please don't tell me my only option is the dealer.

-Don

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
You might be able to find some in a junkyard if you're lucky they'll be in good shape.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You might be able to find a diesel Caddy in the junk yard. This will give you all the Olds stuff you need.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jmblimo said:
You might be able to find a diesel Caddy in the junk yard. This will give you all the Olds stuff you need.
Ok, so you're saying that the mounts for the 5.7L diesel are compatible with the 307? Because if thats the case, I think autozone has mounts for the diesel engine.

-Don

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
Yup, the 5.7l Diesel was just an Olds 350 smallblock with some extra stuff stuck on it to make it handle diesel fuel. the block is the same, the bolt patterns are the same, etc.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Night Wolf said:
don't forget the 307 was also used in '87,'88 and '89.....that may widen your search....
Yes, I thought of this, and of course, no luck.

But thanks guys, I'll just get the diesel mounts. After the first response about the diesel, i searched google and found a site called www.442.com. Very helpful. Now if I only could find out how I could tell if I had a VIN 9 or Y code 307 by looking at the block. Guess theres a 40HP difference..

Anyway, thanks for your help guys. I'm gonna get the diesel mounts tomorrow.

-Don

1 - 7 of 7 Posts