Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an '08 CTS, and I hearing a thumping noise coming from the passenger rear when I hit a manhole cover or bump in the road. It's driving me crazy! I took it to my mechanic and he tried everything to find it. He took the sway bar off & that wasn't it, then he took the strut off and checked it, that wasn't it either. We checked the trunk, the battery, the exhaust & everything else we can thing of and it's still making the thumping noise (He gave up). Has anyone ever had this problem?

12,778 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Rob Bowman!
Sorry that you're having a tough time pinpointing this noise. Is your mechanic affiliated with one of our dealerships?
Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,177 Posts
Possibly your tire has a tread separation.

·
Registered
Cadillac
151 Posts
I had the same problem with my 2008. It is the knuckle and bushing as 928S pointed out. Get the TSB and have them replace both sides and you will be ok.

·
Registered
2008 CTS
5 Posts
I was having a clunking or thumping niose also on my 2008 CTS, took it into the dealer and they replaced the suspension knuckle on right rear just last week and this has eliminated the noise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts