Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with either or both?
Was going to go with a cortex but the flash add says it can adjust or eliminate torque management which i believe is responsible for the worst 0-25 mph accelleration ive ever owned and ive had some slow cars.
Nearing 400hp with exhaust work the computer must be limiting it anyway is this ajustable with a tuner or just in a pcm flash?

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
It's either due to the power train protection feature in the pcm or the stablitrac in the ebcm(electronic brake control module)

I am leaning more towards the ebcm then the pcm as I have disabled the traction control and it's a big different in how the truck behaves

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a hypertech power programer on mine and I've got it tuned with the full premium gas tune. I have also increased my shift firmness by 50%.

It has helped some but it still has a sluggish take off till it reaches about 20 mph or so and then it really wakes up. I tend to agree with it being something in the engine management or the stability control. I can turn off the traction control and it's a little bit better on top of everything else but you can still tell something is holding it back.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Got to be the power train protection logic in the pcm

Not sure how you can remove it but it's got in my way a few times by not letting the tranny kick down when it should have at low speeds

·
Registered
137 Posts
Got to be the power train protection logic in the pcm

Not sure how you can remove it but it's got in my way a few times by not letting the tranny kick down when it should have at low speeds
Yeah that's one thing that drives me crazy about mine. They need to gear down and go instead of hanging in the current gear and just bogging down at slow speeds.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replys.
I read a bunch of stuff about torque management last night.
Apparently the pcm can slow the speed the throttle blade opens being its electronically operated.
Captain hollers "Engine room full speed!!"
Lazy hungover sailer pushes the throttle ever so slowly to the wide open position.
I knew the esv was a boat but even moreso now lol.
This can be adjusted from 100-0% by some tuners and most flash reprogrammers but nowhere could i find wether it was for the kind i mentioned. I'll have to call i guess.
Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'll have to look and make sure mine doesn't have a setting for that. I don't remember one though. Would be nice if it did.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
blaze190 said:
I'll have to look and make sure mine doesn't have a setting for that. I don't remember one though. Would be nice if it did.
Let us know what you find out
I have been itching to remove that and if it can be I will do it in a heartbeat

I know it's not possible with the tech-2 and I know it's not needed if you drive like you should but seriously I had a Kia keep right with me that day due to the pcm not letting the tranny kick down like it should have when I was picking back up on speed from 20mph after a truck towing a boat had just turned off the road

I could clearly tell the engine had its hands full due to the tranny not downshifting

·
Registered
2003 Escalade EXT
8 Posts
I thought it was due to the gearing. I can't believe what a dog it is at take off. Please find the solution.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
phille said:
I thought it was due to the gearing. I can't believe what a dog it is at take off. Please find the solution.
I may try it sometime without the traction control on and see if it makes a difference
It's done it again lately and it's starting to get on my nerves

·
Registered
2003 Escalade EXT
8 Posts
the cadillac man said:
I may try it sometime without the traction control on and see if it makes a difference It's done it again lately and it's starting to get on my nerves
I remember reading that a co. Black bear racing or something of that sort does a good ecm flash. I wonder if they know of this handicap our trucks have. It's embarrassing when you cant pass people easily with a 6.0.

·
Registered
2006 Escalade AWD
58 Posts
I had a Black Bear event out here by me in Somerset NJ. I missed it but definitely next time I will do it. Everyone swears by and far they are the best.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
phille said:
I remember reading that a co. Black bear racing or something of that sort does a good ecm flash. I wonder if they know of this handicap our trucks have. It's embarrassing when you cant pass people easily with a 6.0.

I know how you feel
I would love to know if they do as it would be worth the money and time to have it done for sure

----------

raviel119 said:
I had a Black Bear event out here by me in Somerset NJ. I missed it but definitely next time I will do it. Everyone swears by and far they are the best.
Doh!!

If I was close I would have went in a heart beat

·
Registered
2006 Escalade AWD
58 Posts
TCM if you ask them they say that if you get enough people to sign up for an area they will come. Jennabear at YTF can be pm'd directly.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
raviel119 said:
TCM if you ask them they say that if you get enough people to sign up for an area they will come. Jennabear at YTF can be pm'd directly.
Cool
Only thing is I don't how many members on here live in my area(I do know a few people has escalades of this body style besides me in my area)
It's times like this I wish people would fill out there profile fully

·
Registered
2006 Escalade AWD
58 Posts
TCM it is not just for our body styles or just our years. They cover all GMT800 and GMT900. We aren't the only ones affected by this slug bug. All of out sister and brothers as well. So if you know others with Yuks, Hoes and Lades you'd be surprised how fast slots fill up.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
raviel119 said:
TCM it is not just for our body styles or just our years. They cover all GMT800 and GMT900. We aren't the only ones affected by this slug bug. All of out sister and brothers as well. So if you know others with Yuks, Hoes and Lades you'd be surprised how fast slots fill up.
Ah I knew we wasn't the only ones who suffered this(I think gm did this as a liability thing for warranty but who's worried about that now??)
Just figured we was the only ones who wants to get rid of the problem

I do know a few that would love to get rid of this pest of a problem

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've been looking around at other GM type forums and it seems wait4meperformance is getting good reviews on tunning just about anything made by GM.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
blaze190 said:
I've been looking around at other GM type forums and it seems wait4meperformance is getting good reviews on tunning just about anything made by GM.
Hmm is it possible the tuner they have can help us get rid of this issue

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think they sell the complete ecu or pcm. It looks like you give them your Vin and tell them what you have installed performance wise like exhaust and intake and tell them what you are wanting to do and they will program an ecu or pcm for your specific needs and vehicle and send it to you in the mail then you just swap out the old with the new. Some reviews I've read really talks good about them and that you can really feel a seat of the pants difference.

Might be worth checking in to.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts