Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This aftermarket tow hook on the left is a little short. Is there a longer connecting piece I can pick up somewhere for it to fit into the front or rear bumpers?

The Amazon seller I bought it from doesn't have any info about extension pieces.

Body jewelry Asphalt Cross Road surface Jewellery

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V 6MT CWT Sedan, Tuned 2016 Explorer TT
770 Posts
Apparently, its a thing for certain demographics to drive around with a tow hook sticking out of their bumper. So it needs to be flashy.
Not saying that OP is intending to do so, but it kinda sounds like it.
KeWl. To each his own.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like it's already PC'd, or at the very least painted. For as infrequently as it needs to be used, I would think the factory coating is perfectly fine.
Powder coating it orange just because.
It'll be used for track days.

Apparently, its a thing for certain demographics to drive around with a tow hook sticking out of their bumper. So it needs to be flashy.
Not saying that OP is intending to do so, but it kinda sounds like it.
KeWl. To each his own.
I've seen cars riding around with tow hooks attached.
Not my thing.
These will be used at track day events

·
Registered
2018 ATS-V 6sp MT sedan
286 Posts
The orange is easy to see. I left mine black. It is easy enough for the safety team to see it since my car is red. In back they can hook to my trailer hitch. For daily use my license plate holder goes into the tow hook hole in front.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The orange is easy to see. I left mine black. It is easy enough for the safety team to see it since my car is red. In back they can hook to my trailer hitch. For daily use my license plate holder goes into the tow hook hole in front.
I placed my front license plate in the windshield using suction cups with a threaded shaft and nuts to secure it.
Tableware Photograph Drinkware Dishware White

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
17,968 Posts
NYS requires a front plate but I haven't had one on my car for years. Only got pulled over once.
If you do get pulled over tell 'em you lost it in a fender bender.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts