Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently purchased an 05 and I've been spending a few nights looks for parts and everything. Is it just me or is there very little aftermarket support for small mods? For example, I'm looking for a front lip and I really only see one option thats $300. I was also looking for different hoods and only saw about 2 options that were pretty much the same thing. Am I not searching correctly or is there not much support for aftermarket?

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
350 Posts
So I recently purchased an 05 and I've been spending a few nights looks for parts and everything. Is it just me or is there very little aftermarket support for small mods? For example, I'm looking for a front lip and I really only see one option thats $300. I was also looking for different hoods and only saw about 2 options that were pretty much the same thing. Am I not searching correctly or is there not much support for aftermarket?
You are correct in that there isn't much support for our cars from the aftermarket.

A few companies make suspension items, some clutch components and bushings/mounts. Creative steel makes a great set of bushings and mounts, a drop in 8.8" conversion to name a few things they offer.

Several companies make long tube headers and exhaust catback systems, 2 companies make all aluminum radiators and 3 shifter options that I'm aware of.

2 choices of aftermarket intakes and a few other things, and that's about it support wise.

A lot of people find ways to adapt parts or mods from other platforms and make it work.

Other people just build what they need as I've done several times with a panel to replace the splash guard and a bracket to hold a larger clutch fluid reservoir.

It's one of the things I enjoy about the car, it's a blank canvas.

-Byron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts