Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 escalade platinum
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have an 08 escalade with bose and navi that I just installed a amp and sub box. My issue is, I tapped into the sub line under the cup holder but only used the one side because when i did both, I was getting this loud thump noise from the sub. I did not
use a high low adapter, i just cut the rca jack on 1 end and went directly from there to the amp. I'm missing frequency's in the sub and I have to turn the radio up for the aftermarket sub to actually kick in, but when I turn the ignition to the acc with the motor off, the sub really kicks in loud and when I start the truck up, it goes back to me having to turn it up in order for it to kick in.

any help would be greatly appreciated.....

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2009 CTS-V and 2006 GTO
69 Posts
I'm not sure what you tapped in to but sounds like Bose is trying to correct or pull base. I normally on a stock system get a Rockford or equal converter that you tap into speaker wires to the converter and the converter gives you rca jacks. if you run proper size wire to battery and ground it should work pretty well! Gives you decent sound quality!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts