Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
19,081 Posts
I don't know if you can custom fit a Core shifter or not. I do know they have one for the Gen ll CTS-V (FWIW).

·
Administrator
'05 CTS-V
9,030 Posts

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V 6MT CWT Sedan, Tuned 2016 Explorer TT
829 Posts
People have talked about and looked at the camaro shifter, but it is different. The subject, when it comes up, quickly dies out. There is no alternative to OEM, that needs new bushings every 20 or so thousand miles. There are bronze bushings available though to ensure it will be the last bushing replacement (hopefully).
I personally never felt the need for a shorter shifter. I did feel the need for a bushing wear fix. When the OEM bushings wear out the shifter turns into a sloppy mess. This could be what you are experiencing.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I've been wondering if you could install a Hurst Camaro shifter kit into the ATS-V shifter housing, since the Hurst shifter is just the shift lever, pivot ball, and dogbone that gets installed into the Camaro shifter housing.

I would think GM maintained some level of design and parts commonality between the Camaro and the ATS-V since it's the same platform... if so the Hurst Camaro shifter has a good chance of dropping into the ATS-V shifter housing, but until someone tries it who knows if it fits or not. Also not sure if the 2010-15 or 2016+ Hurst kit would be the one to try. Be nice if the 2016+ Hurst kit would fit as it has the newer anti-rattle shift lever.

The stock shifter feels OK and has reasonable length throws IMO, and mine hasn't got loose or broken yet... but I'm sure it will fail at some point.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V Infared, 2013ATS, 2016 ATSV
985 Posts
My shifter bushings were replaced by the PO with Tapout's bushings. I was thinking a MGW shifter would be awesome in one of these.
I have an MGW shifter for my T56 trans in my BMW LS swap. It is a great shifter. No slop can always find the gears. Now if I was a better shifter myself things would be great.

·
Registered
2020 XT5, 2017 ATS-V M6,1968 Corvair, 1974 Corvette, 2003 HD Road King
482 Posts
For shifter bushing go to Creative Steel Site I used these Delrin bushings in my 2011 6sp manual and they have not worn, still tight as installed 2 years later
Tapout sells the same parts - I prefer to support an ATSAV guy for tyhe same price. Not many of these good guys around, let's support them if we can!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts