Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CTS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD (sold)
823 Posts
Where are the controls for the heated/ventilated seats? And controls for the rear HVAC (for premium models)?

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Where are the controls for the heated/ventilated seats? And controls for the rear HVAC (for premium models)?
They are built into the touch screen menu on the bottom. When you press it the screen expands and gives you more options for HVAC.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I know on mine it was labeled and came with a single wire that had an RCA on one end that then plugged in to the rear camera plug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can you send me a photo of your harnesses when you have time if it's not too difficult?
I want to make sure I got everything I was supposed too.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Few updates...the only thing I haven't got to work is the backup camera, and when I click on the console button it show "no signal" for some reason. Same thing with the video button when I click on it. It has a Fast and Furious trailer downloaded from factory that won't play. I hear sound but it says no signal for video also. I'm working with the seller but they aren't very good at answering simple questions half the time.

·
Registered
2010 cts wagon 3.6 awd
550 Posts
Not sure when I would tear the dash back apart. Look for a connector with a single RCA that says backup camera, I think it was brown. Then find the plug that matches it on the factory end

·
Registered
2010 cts wagon 3.6 awd
550 Posts
So when I load and try to connect to the elm it asks permission to turn on Bluetooth. When I do I just sits there. Am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Ok so after starting the ignition the backup camera seems to work while the unit is loading up. Nice surprise, but once the head unit loads up to the home screen the backup camera doesn't function. Here's a quick video...any ideas ?

https://youtu.be/HcHcR5VgMjc

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Not sure when I would tear the dash back apart. Look for a connector with a single RCA that says backup camera, I think it was brown. Then find the plug that matches it on the factory end

Yeah mine didn't come with that yellow RCA, I asked ....and the seller said mine wasn't supposed to based on my unit and car model??

·
Registered
2010 cts wagon 3.6 awd
550 Posts
That is strange, what if you manually go into camera and pull it up. If I’m not mistaken there is a camera tab across the top. If that’s the case it may be something in one of the advanced settings. I thought I remember seeing something for camera auto on reverse.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
That is strange, what if you manually go into camera and pull it up. If I’m not mistaken there is a camera tab across the top. If that’s the case it may be something in one of the advanced settings. I thought I remember seeing something for camera auto on reverse.

That's what I'm thinking too, when I turned OFF video in motion in settings the video button now works perfect. Before I could only hear audio when a video was playing... Very strange. I'm going to look in settings again and follow back up

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just checking back to see if you found a fix for the backup camera. I'm considering replacing the touch screen on mine, but would rather find something aftermarket if it works.

·
Registered
2014 cts
82 Posts
now that a few of you have had this for sometime now any complaints? was there a fix for the back up camera? can you still use valet mode?

·
Registered
2015 CTS4
47 Posts
Check the voltage going to the backup camera from the unit. If the voltage from the unit isn't at least 12 volts the camera may not turn on. In my older BMW, I installed a backup camera and of course wired the power lead into the reverse lights +lead. Could not get it to work. I finally measured the voltage at the reverse light and found it was 11 volts. I ended up using a relay where the signal from the unit was the input to the relay and hooked the relay directly to the +lead on the battery and then to the camera.

·
Registered
2014 cts
82 Posts
t-harness.jpg
ctsradio1.jpg
ctsradio2.jpg
i finally got my radio in and started to install it. my steering wheel controls were working but once i plugged in the t-harness they stopped but the reverse camera works. i cannot get the unit to play a movie even in park and cannot get any sound from my car speakers using youtube. any suggestions?

·
Registered
2014 cts
82 Posts
idk if anyone else is having these problems but let me know.
1.the only way to get sound to play from the radio is to run the aux cable from the back of the unit into the armrest and plug it into your aux port.

2.while trying to reverse the backup camera will not turn on while you have the aux selected.

3.the factory camera picture is too small for the screen so about 1/4 of the screen is just black

4.there are 2 sets of parking guide lines one from the factory and one from the unit itself

5.noone can hear me when i use the unit to make a call

6.there is no choice for a cts so on the home page you have to choose between 5 other different cadillacs

7. when you customize the unit by using nova launcher it doesn't launch on startup so you have to find the app and start it yourself

41 - 59 of 59 Posts