Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac Escalade
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i will be purchasing the Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH when it is released in march. in the meantime i would like to prep for the install and have a few questions.

on the 05 there was a 'protusion' that the factory HU screwed into. it was directly in the middle of the HU. i had to use a dremel tool to cut this out in order for an aftermarket HU (AVIC-Z130bt) to fit. is this still there in the 2007 and up?

are there any dash kits that would get rid of the dvd slot and 6 disc changer slot?

how can i use the factory back up camera?

how can i use the overhead monitor with the video out from the HU?

how can i use the RSE aux with the video in of the HU?

can i use the factory xm antenna with the SiriusXM tuner (SXV200V1)?

thanks again

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum
82 Posts
My 08 has the 140 hu and the hu mount was custom made which removed thevdvd holders everything isv operational with I believe 2 additional parts required to allow the steering controls to work and to adapt to thev onstar

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum
82 Posts
There is a kit, I think mine is Metra it's the best one made for it,

You will also want to use the newest PAC wire harness it's keeps On star Bose and steering control
Thats what I have but it was modified to have the lcd monitor from the jbl ms8 to centered in thev middle of where the whole is in urs gonna try to take more pictures to show case my audio setip

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac Escalade
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys. pics were very helpful. it looks like the metra dash kit is the way to go.

i'm on the fence between the metra axxess gmos-100 and the pac interface. i have used the axxess in the past with the aswc for steering wheel control. i had a few issues, but after they were resolved the gmos was great. i'm leaning toward the axxess gmos-100 because it keeps all features and adds backup camera and rse (in and out) capability. does anybody have any experience with the GMOS-100 or the PAC RP4-GM31?

·
Registered
2007 EXT
193 Posts
franknitty69 said:
thanks guys. pics were very helpful. it looks like the metra dash kit is the way to go.

i'm on the fence between the metra axxess gmos-100 and the pac interface. i have used the axxess in the past with the aswc for steering wheel control. i had a few issues, but after they were resolved the gmos was great. i'm leaning toward the axxess gmos-100 because it keeps all features and adds backup camera and rse (in and out) capability. does anybody have any experience with the GMOS-100 or the PAC RP4-GM31?
Uses the newest PAC

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
2 Posts
Uses the newest PAC
By newest PAC, do you mean the RP5-GM31 (combination of OS-4 and SWI-RC) to cover the head unit interfacing and steering wheel controls?
This combo looks like it covers BOSE (including premium Y91), OnStar, XM, RSE in/out, RSE Headphone IR, chime, backup camera, steering wheel controls, 5.1 audio and dual zone (if supported on new head unit).

It looks like the GMRVD is also needed to integrate the rear overhead LCDs as well.

I just wanted to confirm in case there was an even newer PAC interface that wasn't listed on their site or an alternate SKU perhaps.

----------

i will be purchasing the Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH when it is released in march. in the meantime i would like to prep for the install and have a few questions.
I'd be interested to know if you looked at the AVH-X8500BHS which appears to be essentially the same unit as the AVIC-Z150BH less the Navteq navigation features but comes in at about half the price?

In my own usage, I'd think that the majority of navigation would be done using AppRadio compatible apps on the iPhone (Waze in particular) and the extra navigation on the AVIC would be pretty much a waste (although it does look very pretty).

Is there anything else on the AVIC-Z150BH that the AVH-X8500BHS doesn't have outside of the navigation being built in that I missed?

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac Escalade
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have been looking at the PAC stuff, including the RP5-GM31. it looks promising. although i have a concern with the RSE control and sub/center speaker options. it seems like control is only possible if you keep the factory xm. and it seems like you can connect the aftermarket hu to either the sub or center channel speaker. and finally it seems like the dual zone functionality might cause issues as it uses swc to switch zone source and it mutes speakers.

@bigwill i have owned an avic since the d1 (or whatever it was called) and i love the avic series. the only difference between the avic and the avh series is the nav. interface is slightly different as well. i tried using gps x drive in app mode and google maps in app mode and i wasn't a fan.

the pioneer navi with traffic has worked quite well for some for me. until alpine, clarion, kenwood and eclipse catches up, i'm sticking with pio

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade
37 Posts
The Scosche kit is not as nice as the Metra one. Also the GMOS-100 retains "ALL" factory options unlike the PAC part. You will retain everything the factory did. Even SAT radio, if equipped. Back up camera and sensors, rear controls, fader and balance(unlike the PAC part) steering wheel control. The whole nine.

·
Registered
1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
1,286 Posts
aftermarket is so ugly cant u get some preouts for the factory and use your factory.

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac Escalade
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
aftermarket is so ugly cant u get some preouts for the factory and use your factory.
i'm sorry but the factory hu is trash. the nav is horrid, ipod integration sucks, xm is blah and no pandora. and let's not start about the favorites and 2nd zone (rse). upgrading to an aftermarket such as the avic-z150bh gives you bluetooth, better nav, xm, pandora, favorites and 2nd zone control. not to much app mode with other iphone apps.

with an aftermarket HU, i can listen to xm and watch netflix on the rse.

there are ways to make an aftermarket install look factory, but it's not going to be with a kit. it will require some custom trims and maybe fiberglass work.

·
Registered
Escalade 2008
20 Posts
Hello guys!
I'm in trouble, i'm trying to install an aftermarket radio on my 2007 escalade.
New radio is a Joying multimedia system. Anyway it's not the problem.
The problem is that i don't get any sound. I suppose it's because i wired directly speakers directly from the old radio to the new one. Wich mean i'm going through the oem amplifier. And it's probably not powered on or i don't know what.
So, how did you do? Did you kept the oem amplifier? if yes how did you wired it to work? Did you by pass the oem amplifier? if yes how did you wired speakers?
I need your help, i know it's an oooold Thread but i don't have other way to go.
Many thanks, and sorry for the bad english, it's not my 1st language.
Fredo

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,854 Posts
FredoV8 said:
Hello guys! I'm in trouble, i'm trying to install an aftermarket radio on my 2007 escalade. New radio is a Joying multimedia system. Anyway it's not the problem. The problem is that i don't get any sound. I suppose it's because i wired directly speakers directly from the old radio to the new one. Wich mean i'm going through the oem amplifier. And it's probably not powered on or i don't know what. So, how did you do? Did you kept the oem amplifier? if yes how did you wired it to work? Did you by pass the oem amplifier? if yes how did you wired speakers? I need your help, i know it's an oooold Thread but i don't have other way to go. Many thanks, and sorry for the bad english, it's not my 1st language. Fredo
did you use an interface harness to connect the aftermarket stereo? Did you hook up the blue remote or power antenna wire

1 - 20 of 20 Posts