Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac Eldorado Sport Coupe 4.6L Northstar "Y"
130 Posts
I have 97 sts and I was wondering what sounds good and what size inlet and outlet I need to get.
I myself have Flowmaster Super 44's. They are LOUD (when gassin the floor). At idle it has a smooth deep bellow. They go for about 70-80 a each (which you need two). Go to any local muffler shop and they'll cut your stocks and weld your tips onto the new exhaust for between 50-100 depending on the shop. As far as diameter goes? it REALLY does NOT matter, they can fit weld adapters to fit your size. Here's a video to help you out with sound wise if you have the 4.6L N*, BUT KEEP IN MIND... Mine is VERY LOUD because the cat is deleted. So please take that into consideration.

As always you can always go with Corsa exhaust but your asking for the "best of the best" there, and the quality is amazing and everyone knows.... when alot of quality exists, alot of money is spent. Magnaflow's sound decent, i have found that the best option if you want to wait for shipping is google shop "SLP loudmouth bullet", purchase a pair of those (should sell on google search for roughly 160$), there is someone out there as well with a youtube video with the SLP if you wanna search and listen.... hope these ideas help you out! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
For a Cadillac a quite muffler is what sounds good. A loud muffler belongs in a 4 cylinder Honda.
The best mufflers for your car are OEM (quality and performance). Anything else is just noise, plus you will have to change them every 2 years.
Unfortunately OEM mufflers were LONG discontinued, the price was less than $200 for the left one and ~$750 for the right one (as is one assembly with the silencer).
The ONLY direct fit mufflers for your car are made by Walker. The price is ~$120 (check www.Rockauto.com) but you will have to separate (cut) the right muffler from the silencer (in a similar way as the left one is mounted from factory, you will see as you look under the car what I mean).
The Walker Quite Flow are pretty close (sound wise) with the OEM system. Since no amount of money would got me the OEM mufflers I had to compromise and install these Walker mufflers.
Again OEM at least $200 Walker no more than $120 so that tells allot about the quality. I painted the mufflers with 3 coats (i.e. 3 cans) of high heat paint when installed and so far (almost 2 years later) so good.
But when these Walkers will fail I will buy Deville OEM mufflers (still available). Only the pipe with the tips (and the tips) needs to be modified (Deville pipes and tips are shorter). At least I have the peace of mind given by the OEM parts.

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac Eldorado Sport Coupe 4.6L Northstar "Y"
130 Posts
For a Cadillac a quite muffler is what sounds good. A loud muffler belongs in a 4 cylinder Honda.
The best mufflers for your car are OEM (quality and performance). Anything else is just noise, plus you will have to change them every 2 years.
Unfortunately OEM mufflers were LONG discontinued, the price was less than $200 for the left one and ~$750 for the right one (as is one assembly with the silencer).
The ONLY direct fit mufflers for your car are made by Walker. The price is ~$120 (check www.Rockauto.com) but you will have to separate (cut) the right muffler from the silencer (in a similar way as the left one is mounted from factory, you will see as you look under the car what I mean).
The Walker Quite Flow are pretty close (sound wise) with the OEM system. Since no amount of money would got me the OEM mufflers I had to compromise and install these Walker mufflers.
Again OEM at least $200 Walker no more than $120 so that tells allot about the quality. I painted the mufflers with 3 coats (i.e. 3 cans) of high heat paint when installed and so far (almost 2 years later) so good.
But when these Walkers will fail I will buy Deville OEM mufflers (still available). Only the pipe with the tips (and the tips) needs to be modified (Deville pipes and tips are shorter). At least I have the peace of mind given by the OEM parts.
My Flowmasters are 100% stainless steel and came pre-coated straight out of the box.... im getting lost at the part your saying aftermarket isnt high quality? IDK about this reply, but when i see someone asking about "whats the best sound?" i automatically assume like all car enthusiasts... what would sound more aggressive, what would sound "badass", etc. I humbly invite this poster to please correct me if my assumptions are incorrect.

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,705 Posts
it all comes down to preference with exhaust systems i think
i don't think qorsa makes a unit for the 98 and older so that would be out but who knows maybe you can contact them and they can custom make one for you if you really want one bad enough but not sure if they would even consider it unless there where like 10 ppl wanting somehting made it would cost them a lot of money to do it probably

i know for me this summer im going corsa

N-caddy likes his caddy quiet muffled and sounding good witch is his right and he enjoys it nto being loud

on the other hand some of us like a little toon to our caddy's
me this summer im going to get corsa system found a place i could pick it up new for around 1100 i think and find someone with a lift pay them 70 or 80 bucks to do it my mechanic said he would do it for 100 to replace the system if all he has to do is drop the old one and put the knew one up

but i fell in love i with the corsa the second i hear it on a 05sts

this summer hoping when im in MD me and sub can meet up for bears when im down his way in may and i can hear the system on his 2002.5 sts
then ill know for sure what its going to sound like on mine

but it all comes down to what you want

1 - 5 of 5 Posts