Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I’m just over a year in owning my 96 Deville. Runs great but I’m sick of not being able to hear it. The stupid $300 mufflers that were on the car when I bought it makes it quieter than a Camry. I figured it’s time for new mufflers so I can finally hear the awesomeness of my all American (DOHC) V8. I narrowed my selection to Flowmaster because at the end of the day, I care about sound, not a horsepower increase. And I’ve done some research and have had a few people recommend Magnaflows but those are tilted more towards performance than sound. My father recently got Magnaflows on his 2002 Eldorado and I must admit I wasn’t as impressed as I thought I would be. Nonetheless, for my car I want something louder, something to make the RICE’d out Honda civics and V6 mustangs in my high school parking lot to feel very self conscious. Let me know what y’all think which is the best Flowmaster series for the Deville with the Northstar. Oh and definitely gonna delete that resonator too while I’m at it.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,663 Posts
Nonetheless, for my car I want something louder, something to make the RICE’d out Honda civics and V6 mustangs in my high school parking lot to feel very self conscious.
If THAT is your goal, Flowmaster may be the way to go. I have a set of 40 series on my '69 Road Runner and they fit your requirement. They do have a drone at about 1800 - 2000 RPM, but then again, I have dual exhaust, so that will probably change the sound some. They will most definitely put the fart can ricers in their place (sound wise). Do your research though, as Flowmaster has many different series with different sounds.

Personally, I think they are more suitable on a muscle car than a Cadillac, but different strokes for different folks as they say.

CORSA is another option, but NOT cheap.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
21,445 Posts
Hey guys so I’m just over a year in owning my 96 Deville. Runs great but I’m sick of not being able to hear it. The stupid $300 mufflers that were on the car when I bought it makes it quieter than a Camry. I figured it’s time for new mufflers so I can finally hear the awesomeness of my all American (DOHC) V8. I narrowed my selection to Flowmaster because at the end of the day, I care about sound, not a horsepower increase. And I’ve done some research and have had a few people recommend Magnaflows but those are tilted more towards performance than sound. My father recently got Magnaflows on his 2002 Eldorado and I must admit I wasn’t as impressed as I thought I would be. Nonetheless, for my car I want something louder, something to make the RICE’d out Honda civics and V6 mustangs in my high school parking lot to feel very self conscious. Let me know what y’all think which is the best Flowmaster series for the Deville with the Northstar. Oh and definitely gonna delete that resonator too while I’m at it.
===================
go to YouTube -
there are several Northstar powered Cadillacs with variuos loud mufflers -

·
Registered
6 Posts
If THAT is your goal, Flowmaster may be the way to go. I have a set of 40 series on my '69 Road Runner and they fit your requirement. They do have a drone at about 1800 - 2000 RPM, but then again, I have dual exhaust, so that will probably change the sound some. They will most definitely put the fart can ricers in their place (sound wise). Do your research though, as Flowmaster has many different series with different sounds.

Personally, I think they are more suitable on a muscle car than a Cadillac, but different strokes for different folks as they say.

CORSA is another option, but NOT cheap.
Thanks for the insight. I have narrowed my selection to either the 40 series or super 44. I’m kinda stuck between. But I’d definitely be happy with either. I’m leaning towards the super 44 as it’s a bit quieter on the drone but still delivers a deep throaty exhaust note (which is what I am looking for).

===================
go to YouTube -
there are several Northstar powered Cadillacs with variuos loud mufflers -
I have and on top of extensive research, I therefore have concluded that Flowmaster would be my best option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts