Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone direct me to quality but hopefully cheap aftermarket hood ornaments for my 83 Seville? Surely someone makes them. I think when I finally get a new hood ornament I will try hooking up a capacitor to it so the next person who tries to take it will end up peeing their pants and maybe their hair will be stuck straight up for a while too.

Thanks, James
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
heh ... if you think it's someone local, say someone you'd run into in the office or whatever, who's stealing your hood ornament when you put the new one on paint it with silver nitrate ..... it won't make them jump and pee their pants but it will turn their skin a lovely shade of black when the silver nitrate reacts to the salt in their sweat ...

Works wonders on toilet seats, teacher lounge door knobs and other areas that humans are likely to come in contact with ... quite harmless ....

Then again, you could run a wire from the battery to the hood ornament (positive pole of the battery) - the would be theif would complete the circut by providing ground - if you feel like really frying them put a power inverter in line - but be careful when you check your oil!

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
I once owned a 1992 New Yorker. Some piece of ...
, took my hood ornament from my car. It was one of the ones that looks like a crystal. I had to get a new ornament from the dealership for $60. I had to because I couldn't stand how bad that it looked. Anyway, go to Ebay, type "Cadillac hood ornaments" into the search box and press enter. You'll get a whole bunch of them that will pop up that are cheap. Good luck.

P.S.- Hook this one up to your battery...


-Mac
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,306 Posts
SteveThefolkie said:
heh ... if you think it's someone local, say someone you'd run into in the office or whatever, who's stealing your hood ornament when you put the new one on paint it with silver nitrate ..... it won't make them jump and pee their pants but it will turn their skin a lovely shade of black when the silver nitrate reacts to the salt in their sweat ...

Works wonders on toilet seats, teacher lounge door knobs and other areas that humans are likely to come in contact with ... quite harmless ....

Then again, you could run a wire from the battery to the hood ornament (positive pole of the battery) - the would be theif would complete the circut by providing ground - if you feel like really frying them put a power inverter in line - but be careful when you check your oil!

Steve
The thing we do with our spare time.

You are a cruel cruel man.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Eldyfig said:
The thing we do with our spare time.

You are a cruel cruel man.
yeah ... but let me tell you .... senior week ... 1977 ... NPHS .... most of the teachers walking around with black hands and explaining to significant others why their cheeks were black ("treated" the toilet seats in the teachers lounge) - the sweet revenge of being a senior in high school. Ahh memories ......

As a mature, educated adult I would never engage in those activities now.

Other fun, somewhat cruel pranks - :lildevil:

If someone is drinking your good (say, Pinch) scotch, and you'd like them to stop, take an empty bottle, put in some cheap scotch and a good dose of epicac - it's classic behavioral modification.:bonkers:

Same goes for those who get their lunches raided at work - nothing like a whole box of chocolate ex-lax ground up into a couple brownies to cure that behavior (early in my career I watched in mock horror as a manager who'd been stealing cakes and the like out of lunches shat himself in a group meeting ..... ahh the joy):ill:

Sometimes - just sometimes - being twisted helps you get through the day -

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
Steve, you give me alot of good ideas
. I think that I'll have to do some of these. By the way...


SteveThefolkie said:
yeah ... but let me tell you .... senior week ... 1977 ... NPHS ....

Steve
what do you mean by NPHS, is that the school you went to, what does it stand for? Is it New Paltz High School?
-Mac
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
475 Posts
Hello...
You can search on eBay, or your local dealer may still have some NOS hood ornaments that connect to the car alarm. This is a factory part that I have seen available from time to time both at dealerships and on eBay.
Post back how you solve your problem.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
ElDawgg 2G
Top