Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 ATS. Car did not come equipped with HID. I bought an after market kit from OPT-7. 9006 55W 5000K. I have had no luck with rise side closest to power. The far side from power works just fine. OPT7 has sent me new ballasts and bulbs which I have tried. I bought a new relay harness which didn't work at all. I resorted back to my harness supplied by OPT7 and am right back to the whole thing again. Am I missing something? My setup on close side power is factory bulb harness to input on relay harness, relay harness is hooked up to positive and negative post terminals. Each output end on relay harness is attached to a capacitor and then to the input on the ballast. Ballast output is attached to bulb.

·
Registered
ATS
415 Posts
Re: Hid issue. I have tried everything!

Test you are getting power on the relay harness out put that isn't working so you can start to figure out where the problem is

·
Registered
2013 ATS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I didn't mention. It does flicker when I turn the car on in drl mode. Then it goes out. I then turn the headlights on and off several times and it does eventually come on.

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,513 Posts
2013 ATS. Car did not come equipped with HID. I bought an after market kit from OPT-7. 9006 55W 5000K. I have had no luck with rise side closest to power. The far side from power works just fine. OPT7 has sent me new ballasts and bulbs which I have tried. I bought a new relay harness which didn't work at all. I resorted back to my harness supplied by OPT7 and am right back to the whole thing again. Am I missing something? My setup on close side power is factory bulb harness to input on relay harness, relay harness is hooked up to positive and negative post terminals. Each output end on relay harness is attached to a capacitor and then to the input on the ballast. Ballast output is attached to bulb.
I had the OPT7 to start with. I had the same problem. I had to swap polarities on one side. The plug will fit just doesn't snap in with the clip. I will bet you your lights will work then. Just one side swap. But this did get rid of my DRL's. I didn't care anyway. But then that set only lasted about 6 months if I remember right. New set I bought did not do this. I have both polarities the same as should be and my DRL's are back. PM me and I can help some. This baffled me for about 3 days and found a little white piece of paper in the OPT7 box that said reverse one side polarity if one doesn't fire up. It worked. Maybe you have that same little paper in the box.

----------

I had the OPT7 to start with. I had the same problem. I had to swap polarities on one side. The plug will fit just doesn't snap in with the clip. I will bet you your lights will work then. Just one side swap. But this did get rid of my DRL's. I didn't care anyway. But then that set only lasted about 6 months if I remember right. New set I bought did not do this. I have both polarities the same as should be and my DRL's are back. PM me and I can help some. This baffled me for about 3 days and found a little white piece of paper in the OPT7 box that said reverse one side polarity if one doesn't fire up. It worked. Maybe you have that same little paper in the box.
If you try and it works look for a better setup in the meanwhile.

·
Registered
2014 ATS-4 2.0 (RIP), 2015 SRX4, 2008 STS4 V6
81 Posts
I have had good luck with the morimoto 35w kit without a relay harness for the last 4 months. a couple of times the drl did not fire on on one side, but main lights always fired on no problems.

----------

I have had good luck with the morimoto 35w kit without a relay harness for the last 4 months. a couple of times the drl did not fire on on one side, but main lights always fired on no problems. easily corrected by flipping the on/auto function though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts