Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2005 Deville base
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in search of knowledge regarding changing the look and getting a little more modern looking led drl type look if you will...I have been looking and looking and not seeing many options to my liking so anyone have any recommendations of sites I can look at please...???...Thank you

·
Registered
189 Posts
I replaced the drivers side head light assembly a couple of times with aftermarket assembly's. They all eventually get moisture in them. What I finally had to do was re-seal the assembly with clear silicone caulk let it dry then install the unit. It has been 3 years on the one I have in now.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,254 Posts
you picked the WRONG car if modding is your thing -
there is VERY little aftermarket support for our cars -

LED and HID bulbs will NOT work in our headlight assembly -
they are reflector type - designed for the halogen bulbs -

the other bulbs ARE brighter -
but - will put LESS usable light on the pavement -
AND - because the light is scattered rather than focused - will blind oncoming traffic -

I have seen replacement headlight assemblies that are designed for HID bulbs -
they were done correctly using a lens to focus the light beam -
they were around $935 for the pair -

·
2005 Deville base
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced the drivers side head light assembly a couple of times with aftermarket assembly's. They all eventually get moisture in them. What I finally had to do was re-seal the assembly with clear silicone caulk let it dry then install the unit. It has been 3 years on the one I have in now.
Ok...that sounds about right...thank you for the heads up...what kind of silicone did you use...???

·
2005 Deville base
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you picked the WRONG car if modding is your thing -
there is VERY little aftermarket support for our cars -

LED and HID bulbs will NOT work in our headlight assembly -
they are reflector type - designed for the halogen bulbs -

the other bulbs ARE brighter -
but - will put LESS usable light on the pavement -
AND - because the light is scattered rather than focused - will blind oncoming traffic -

I have seen replacement headlight assemblies that are designed for HID bulbs -
they were done correctly using a lens to focus the light beam -
they were around $935 for the pair -
Basscatt...lol man...I hear you there...not looking to do much just a little here and there you know...but I agree as I have been looking tirelessly is our cars are Cadillacs meant to be Cadillacs so thank you for the reference...🤘

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ok...that sounds about right...thank you for the heads up...what kind of silicone did you use...???
only use Ge Silicone. Most hardware store carry it. The assembly comes with a new bulb but I put the original back in so that the light matches with the other side. Same brightness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts