Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS, 2007 ESV
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, recently my buddies truck got broken into and they took his new Nav unit etc. They broke the passenger window and climbed in never opening the door so the alarm would not trigger, he has a 09 Silverado.

So that made me think that's pretty easy to get in. Made me wonder if we could add a motion, shock and tilt sensor to our factory alarm system.

I have some ideas that might work just wondering if any one has any experience with this to make my quest easier.

I don't want to add any after market alarms etc. I like the factory remote and features.

Thanks

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,852 Posts
hrpatel17926 said:
Hello, recently my buddies truck got broken into and they took his new Nav unit etc. They broke the passenger window and climbed in never opening the door so the alarm would not trigger, he has a 09 Silverado.

So that made me think that's pretty easy to get in. Made me wonder if we could add a motion, shock and tilt sensor to our factory alarm system.

I have some ideas that might work just wondering if any one has any experience with this to make my quest easier.

I don't want to add any after market alarms etc. I like the factory remote and features.

Thanks
There are alarms that can piggyback off the factory system therefore retaining factory remotes and functions while adding the extra security features you mentioned, i know you didn't want to add an alarm but your factory alarm feature options are limited

·
Registered
2007 CTS, 2007 ESV
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,852 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts