Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at swapping out the factory head unit with an aftermarket pioneer deck. The problem is that this car has a "premium sound system" in it. All of the research I have done and has said that the deck can only be put in if the entire system is replaced i.e. the speakers and external amp. This claim is made because of the amplifier in the trunk in the car. The wiring harness that I’ve looked at for these cars does not look like the one that is behind my deck. Best buy looked at it and said that they would have to probably replace all of the speakers because of the amp, they didn't think a new deck could be intergraded into the speakers that are already there. If any one has any experience about this and knows an easy way out that I can do to get an aftermarket deck in without replacing the whole system I would really appreciate your help.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Which audio system are we talking about here? Bose Gold, Delco, or Active Audio? With the bose, you can't use the speakers unless you get an adapter. With the Delco, you can hook the speakers up to an aftermarket head unit. I am not sure about the Active audio though. More info please.

·
Registered
1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t
3,013 Posts
Hi, I went through this myself with my 92 eldo with bose gold system, I would advise you to bite the bullet and replace entire system.it's not that hard once you get into it, I looked into every aspect of trying to keep the stock speakers but they have individual amps. and only work when connected with bose gold amp. It's not that hard to run wires etc.,I didn't even pull out the back seat. Just run wires under that vinyl strip along the floor near inner edge of car.(nope you cant even reuse stock wire). the rear speakers dissconect from inside trunk.You have to run an antenna lead from radio to
antenna.

Good luck
Creeker

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. I'll consider it. It just seems like more than i want to spend. Any other suggestions welcome.

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
full system replacement and rewireing is a MUST for premium system replacement especally for those in which absoutly no adapter is availiable

·
Registered
1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t
3,013 Posts
I hate to part with money too if there's an alternative,as I said I went through this with my 92 eldo. when these systems start going, it's a sign everything is going to pack it in. individual speakers with amp can be $300.00 each.It can dollar you to death. even if you bypass amps on stock speakers, apparently they suck to much juice from your new unit.I also had bose gold in 1990 olds. regency. it started to crackle and pop too. goodby 90 olds.

Creeker

1 - 7 of 7 Posts