Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
8 Posts
I'm looking for an aftermarket double DIN dash kit that has the unit position on top and storage on bottom. Has anyone seen something like that for an '07 Escalade? All I can find is kits like the one here: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=311331656324

I'm looking for a dash kit for a double DIN unit that has the positioning of the radio unit at the top and storage at the bottom. All I can find is the converse of that. Has anyone seen such a thing?

·
Registered
66DeVille Vert 76Coupe Delegance 07Escalade ESV 96Fleetwood 83Coupe Deville 70Calais
661 Posts
I would like the same. Im assuming its not possible though. The factory screen is at top and cd changer and all at the bottom cuz the cd changer and receiver is big and deeper than the screen portion. The kits u see is probably because there is not room for the double din up where the factory screen is. Im torn, my cd player doesnt work like so many, but the aftermarket kits put the screen down low where u cant see it as good plus its going to be smaller. I dont know if i should pay the 350 it costs to fix the factory cd player.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw the same thing but if you look closely, it's upside down. Check the position of the brackets. They're trying to trick desperate people like myself!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yeah, that's the one Mike t mentioned above. Surely there is something cheaper...that's not upside down.
one of the reasons the price is so high is its plug and play lets you keep your steering controls and your rear camera and entertainment,also your bose amp and onstar still works like it should from factory.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade Premium AWD
157 Posts
Can someone who made the change show some pictures? How is the interface? all existing factory functionality stay intact?

I would consider replacing mine down the road. I just installed the CoastalETech Lockpick Gen-6, to ease the pain of DVD/NAV blocked while driving.

Is the Alpine restricted in any way, similar to what GM has done?

Thanks!

·
Registered
NONE
1,042 Posts
We fabricated one in my 2007 EXT. Ultimately we took a piece of wood, cut it to fit the gap. Sat the double din on top of it, secured the double din (screws and zip ties for the wires...) The we created a face plate that sat in front of it with a thin piece of plywood which we wrapped in black leather... Sounds simple enough!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWMXCtBJDTY

1 - 13 of 13 Posts