Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, first it took me forever to get power to my deck. I finally got power when I hooked up the constant and ignition power wires....Now my CD player will turn on but no sound!!! It turns out that the stock Bose amp powers all the speakers! How do I run the bose amp with an aftermarket cd player??? I realize this is probably a common problem and is probably posted somewhere here if somebody can give me a link that would be appreciated.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found this at carstereohelp.net

Q. I installed an aftermarket car stereo and have no sound?

A. All the functions on the radio still work? This is because there is a factory amplifier located some where in the car. Hopefully you have used the correct aftermarket wire harness, (this aftermarket wire harness makes for an easy aftermarket car stereo installation while labeling all wires for easy hook up). You need to connect the "Blue" or "Amplifier Trigger" wires from the aftermarket stereo to the aftermarket wire harness.
Now, this may lead to distortion in the speakers as the volume is turned up on the stereo. The output from your stereo is over driving the factory installed amplifier. You will then need to purchase the aftermarket "Amplifier Bypass Cable" and install the cable or rewire directly to all speakers in the car to remove the factory amplifier from the system

Does anybody know where I can purchase a Amplifier bypass cable? And do you think this will work?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
You have to get an adapter. I think scoche (spelling?) makes one. I know it can be done, because my friends Infinity, with the bose sound system, has a kennwood deck in it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts