Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have not dealt with them personally but I know of hundreds of people and businesses that have.

Roy

·
Administrator
'05 CTS-V
8,611 Posts
I, too, have never used them personally, but know a guy who had some custom track pads made by Porterfield. Sent them a set of factory pads so they had the proper backing plate shape - I don't know if they put the pad material onto those provided backing plates, or if they cut backing plates to match.

·
Registered
2019 Cadillac CT6-V
63 Posts
Maybe a glimpse of hope.
Michael,

Unfortunately we do not manufacture a pad for your application. We intend to introduce in our Akebono Performance after proper engineering and validation.

Thank you for your interest in Akebono.

Mike Eldard | National Sales Manager, Aftermarket
Akebono Brake Corporation
M:
(503) 730-5528
E: [email protected]
www.akebonobrakes.com

·
Registered
2019 Cadillac CT6-V
63 Posts
I wrote to Brake World to inquire about Disc Italia Pads, since our Brembo Pads are Italian. I got this response after I sent pictures of the front pad and caliper.

"I have reached out to Disc Italia to see if they have brought these pads into the USA".

Front pad: HCD2273
Rear pad: HCD2303

I will let you know as soon as I hear back from them,
mj

·
Registered
2019 Cadillac CT6-V
63 Posts
From Hawk Performance (brakes)
Michael,

Unfortunately, we do not offer pads for the CT6-V.

Sorry! Not sure about if there will be new product out.

Cheers
Mitch Bloom
Technical Support /
Customer Service
Hawk Performance

920 Lake Road
Medina, Ohio 44256
O: 440.528.4051
C: 614.917.9621
F: 440.625.2038

·
Registered
2019 Cadillac CT6-V
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
That’s strike 7 at this point lol!? I work at a GM dealership in Canada, and I’ve reached out to one of the heads of Cadillac Canada for assistance. He’s engaged a product manager in the US that worked on development of the CT6-V and is going to get back to me with some options hopefully. I’m tired of this wild goose chase we’re on and am hoping to get some concrete options next week. I’ll keep you posted on what they say as soon as I hear back. Thanks again for all your efforts too - hopefully we turn up something!

·
Registered
2019 Cadillac CT6-V
63 Posts
Frome Brakeworld concerning the Disc Italia Brake Pads

Michael,

Unfortunately these part numbers are not yet available in the US. I would check back with us @ mid July.

best regards,
mj

Anybody want to try buying these in Europe?
Disc Italia
Front pad: HCD2273
Rear pad: HCD2303

·
Registered
2020 CT6 -V
151 Posts
You'd stand out and be far apart from the crowd for sure. The premium gas might be a bit pricey over there.
Although gas prices in Canada are not as bad as Europe here in Ontario I am paying $1.60 CDN per liter for Petrocan 94 octane. Do the math and that works out to appx $4.98 US per US gallon (3.8 liters). Wish I was buying my gas in the USA !!

·
Registered
2019 Cadillac CT6-V
63 Posts
Although gas prices in Canada are not as bad as Europe here in Ontario I am paying $1.60 CDN per liter for Petrocan 94 octane. Do the math and that works out to appx $4.98 US per US gallon (3.8 liters). Wish I was buying my gas in the USA !!
The price of 93 Octane was 3.06 yesterday at COSCO, lots of lines as people are panicing due to pipeline. I went across street to Valero and it was $3.29 per gallon. Before Covid hit it was always around $3.39 for 93 octane at Valero or about $3.91 at Shell.

·
Registered
2019 Cadillac CT6-V
63 Posts
Guess I'm stuck with squeaky screeching oem breaks:(
Maybe not, Disc Italia has a pad, just not here, yet and Akebono is developing one. Brembo might be also. We could get one made but having the pad scanned for proper dimensions is tricky as you either have to pull one of your car or buy a replacement stock pad and use that one to be 3d scanned.

·
Registered
2019 Cadillac CT6-V
63 Posts
Nice well I'm keeping this baby for the long run so I can be patient. Thanks for all the effort :)
You're welcome I'll keep trying, somebody will have one available sometime or we'll get them made. GM makes them as well as Ferodo below, I need to find out what the Ferodo Eco-Friction material is. These are available at Advanced Auto
  • FITMENT DETAILS
    2019 Cadillac CT6 V (4.2 255CI V8 FI Turbo VIN: J-LTA)
    • Disc Pad; Ferodo Premier Eco-Friction Brake Pad Set w/ Shims; Front

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you look at the picture of the brake pad above they are not the same as what you just posted

Roy

·
Registered
2019 Cadillac CT6-V
63 Posts
If you look at the picture of the brake pad above they are not the same as what you just posted

Roy
Yeah, I see that but they use a stock photo that does not always represent the product. I just wrote the factory in Italy for more information. I have bought pads and compared fit and returned them before, may have to do that again.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Do you really expect advance auto to have a brake pad that almost nobody else on the planet seems to have?

Roy

21 - 40 of 41 Posts