Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Cadillac CT6-V
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize in advance, as I know there have been a few threads that have referenced brake/caliper noise, control arm replacements etc, all of which I’ve done. I’ve had my 19 CT6-V since Nov of 2019 and I absolutely love it. But the brakes.... not so much. Have had the brakes serviced and cleaned up 4 times to deal with sticky brakes, brake noise and so on. I’m not tracking the car (but do drive the piss out of it whenever the mood strikes me....) but after 40,000kms I’ve now worn through the pads, and the pad wear sensors apparently, and am struggling to find aftermarket pads. I’ve honestly hated the gm pads that came from the factory and was looking at EBC (yellow stuff or green stuff) but was having difficulties with fitment issues. I then ordered some Power Stop Z26 pads (have read and heard good things, and apparently the noise and crazy amounts of brake dust are not as bad) but just heard from them today that they don’t fit our rotors (fronts are 14.6in and rears are 13.6in).
All of this to say... has anyone replaced their pads with aftermarkets, and if so, what did you use? I don’t want to buy cheap shitty pads, but also don’t need top of the line track pads either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2019 Cadillac CT6-V
63 Posts
I'm trying to find some ceramic pads myself. I find lots of pads for the 345mm rotors but not the 370mm or 14.6" rotors on the V Models (Brembo). I think I'm going to pull a pad off the car and compare it for proper size at a parts store. I'll post if I find the right pads.

·
Administrator
'05 CTS-V
8,611 Posts
I then ordered some Power Stop Z26 pads (have read and heard good things, and apparently the noise and crazy amounts of brake dust are not as bad) but just heard from them today that they don’t fit our rotors (fronts are 14.6in and rears are 13.6in).
I don't understand that statement. Brake pads don't need to fit the rotors, they need to fit the calipers.

I've never seen a CT6-V - what brakes do they have? Are they 4-piston or 6-piston Brembo calipers up front? Either way, there will be plenty of pad options out there, as I'm sure Cadillac/Brembo did not invent a brand new caliper for the CT6-V. It's most likely either an FMSI D1001 or FMSI D1405 pad shape, both of which have plenty of pad options.

·
Registered
2019 Cadillac CT6-V
63 Posts
The CT6-V uses Brembo 4-piston mono block calipers. Consider that approxamately 1400 cars were built with these brakes, so the application is rare meaning I don't think the aftermarket would have built too many offerings for this car. I seems whenever I narrow down the fit the sites will say these are for the 345mm rotors and the CT6-V has 370mm rotors. There may be pads out there that fit, but its difficult finding them online. The pad must also have the provision to connect to the electronic wear sensor montitoring system (see photo). The rear brakes are not Brembo, so the rear pads should be much easier to find. I believe we have RPO Code J6H Brakes, high-performance Brembo front brakes.

·
Registered
2019 Cadillac CT6-V
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't understand that statement. Brake pads don't need to fit the rotors, they need to fit the calipers.

I've never seen a CT6-V - what brakes do they have? Are they 4-piston or 6-piston Brembo calipers up front? Either way, there will be plenty of pad options out there, as I'm sure Cadillac/Brembo did not invent a brand new caliper for the CT6-V. It's most likely either an FMSI D1001 or FMSI D1405 pad shape, both of which have plenty of pad options.
I’m aware of how pad fitment works relative to calipers, but thank you for your input. Rotor size does actually play a role despite the pads fitting the calipers without issue. You are correct with regards to the DFS 1001 specs, but it’s a bit more complicated than that for the CT6-V unfortunately.

·
Registered
2019 Cadillac CT6-V
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The CT6-V uses Brembo 4-piston mono block calipers. Consider that approxamately 1400 cars were built with these brakes, so the application is rare meaning I don't think the aftermarket would have built too many offerings for this car. I seems whenever I narrow down the fit the sites will say theses are for the 345mm rotors and the CT6-V has 370mm rotors. There may be pads out there that fit but its difficult finding them online. The pad must also have the provision to connect to the electronic wear sensor montitoring system (see photo). The rear brakes are not Brembo, so the rear pads should be much easier to find. I believe we have RPO Code J6H Brakes, high-performance Brembo front brakes.
View attachment 597856 View attachment 597855
100% agree with you mjdart54 and thanks for the reply - very helpful. I’m still on the hunt with a few performance parts dealers here in Canada and will let you know what I find out in the next couple of days. Keep me posted on your findings as well, and I appreciate you taking the time to respond on this thread with your findings. Interestingly enough, I was speaking to a high performance shop today and the owner has a 19 CT6-V as well, and he said that he had similar brake issues but resolved them by going through some very specific bedding protocols and hasn’t had any issues since.

·
Registered
2019 Cadillac CT6-V
63 Posts
If you look closely at the photo of the caliper with the pads visible, you'll see the pads have an ear with another hole. This leads me to believe that these pads can fit another application, which may open up a much larger replacement pool of pads to choose from.

·
Administrator
'05 CTS-V
8,611 Posts
Have either of you removed the factory pads? That would allow you to see the entire shape of the pad backing plate, and would also let you see whatever markings are on the backing plates (assuming they haven't been worn off by contact with the pistons). Typically the OEM pads have codes on the backing plate that tell you a manufacturer and/or GM/ACDelco part number and maybe the FMSI number.

·
Registered
2019 Cadillac CT6-V
63 Posts
That's my next step, I thought I might order a set since I'll have it apart. If they don't fit I'll return them. I think the back pads will be easy to find. The fixed bridge on the caliper takes away the easy removal style the CTS-V had.
I wrote Brembo and this is the reply.
BrembostoreUSA Customer Service <[email protected]>
5:59 PM (4 hours ago)
to me

Hello Michael,

unfortunately, we stil don't have replacement pads for this model, no firm ETA when we'll have them.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Tom
Customer Service

-----Original message-----
Sent: 04/22/2021 16:20:46

Brembo Store Contact Form

Message Body:
I have a 2019 Cadillac CT6-V with the Brembo Performance Brakes. Do
you manufacture a replacement pad that is low dust. Any help or direction
would be appreciated. I have a 2017 Z06 with your carbon ceramic brake
system and after 13K miles they are like new and run super clean, thank
you for those!

·
Registered
2019 Cadillac CT6-V
63 Posts
Just ordered Duralast brake pads (DG1836) that are claimed to fit from Autozone. They have one other pad a Duralast Elite (DE1474) that I will order if this one doesn't fit. I pulled off right front caliper to remove a pad to compare to new and chageout if they fit. Here are two photos of a front pad. The caliper is removed by removing the (2) 21mm bolts that secure it. Two pins that the pads hang from need to be removed using a straight punch. The rear pads are Duralast DG1877, I'll also check those for fit.

·
Registered
2019 Cadillac CT6-V
63 Posts
Well, I've got good news and bad news. The Duralast DG1836 Pads do not fit the front calipers. The width between the holes the pins go throught to hold the pads in the proper position are not as wide as the Brembo Pads. I had the counter guy look at the second pads I found the Duralast DE1474 and he found on page 2 of his screen that they fit the 345mm rotor not the 370mm rotor which make up the Brembo system.

The "Good News", the $43 Duralast DG1877 rear pads do fit perfectly!!! I unplugged the brake pad life electrical connector and so far it hasn't thrown a code or light. If so you are able to disable the system in the DIC. They are ceramic and low dusting which eliminates half the mess on the wheels. Description from manufacturer below:

Duralast Gold brake pads are designed to be a direct replacement to the original brake pads that came on your car. The goal of every brake job is to bring the brake system back to it?s original operating condition. Using Duralast Gold brake pads is the first step in accomplishing that goal. Duralast Gold Ceramic brake pads for a quieter ride and ultra-low brake dust.

• OE grade ceramic formulation for superior stopping performance with minimal brake dust
  • Multilayered rubber core steel shim with adhesive for maximum noise dampening capability
  • OE style application specific chamfer design and slot configuration for additional noise dampening capabilities
  • Abutment hardware installation kit included to restore brakes to a like new performance

·
Registered
2019 Cadillac CT6-V
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Has anyone tried reaching out to Porterfield yet?

Roy
I haven’t reached out to them by phone as the website doesn’t allow for any Cadillac selection whatsoever when trying to search year make model etc. I’ll fire them an email and see what they say but it seems doubtful to me. Thanks for the suggestion though.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts