Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you guys no and have seen I have been upgrading the audio in my CTS-V for years. Well it's time to do it again.

Old components: Factory NAV, R/F 360.1, JL audio XR components for all doors, JL audio 300/4 for doors and 500/1 for ID Free air 10" sub. All gone:)

New components: Alpine IVA-W205 with NAV, HDD radio, sirius and DVD changer, JL ZR or C5 components for all doors including 6 1/2's for back doors, JL 450/4 for doors and a 500/1 for 12w6v2 in a sealed enclosure sealed to the back seat with armrest cut for sub to fire through (that actually turned out fantastic).

I've ordered both the Scosche GM1586 kit and the Metra 99-2006 kit in black to see which ones fits the Caddy better. I'll probably have to have them painted better to match but that won't be a problem. Two other things needed are the PAC OS-2CTS to keep door chimes and onstar and the PAC TR7 for "driving" video.

The whole reason I'm even posting this is you would be amazed at the amount of people who have not done complete upgrades in the CTS or SRX. I have searched the internet over and over for installs in these vehicles and you can only find a handful.

I hope to be able and do a documented picture post of the above install along with all the parts needed to do it so hopefully I can help the next guy brave enough to tackle this fiasco. My car is literally in pieces as I type this awaiting on parts. New amp rack went in under the decklid last night along with the PAC pieces and JL patch cables for the deck. I'll keep you guys posted on progress.

Shane

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
Way to go shane :thumbsup:. I have some equipment that I have in the garage from my last car. I really don't want to mess with the audio in the V. I want kooks, cutouts and magnaflow instead of radio....ahhhh sweet music to my ears. If you have any friends that need some used equipment cheap PM me.

Gene

:postpics:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
You better hurry up and get some Pics up.
7/28 I'll be heading to H-town, returning 8/4 for a brief stop in Dallas too.
Hopefully you'll have her up and ready by then.
Have you consider the Diamond Audio Hex componets?? They're and excellent speaker I actually left the JL componets for Diamond after I heard them. I still stick with JL for the sub though W7!

Damn yall Texas cats make me sick... Yall are having too much fun down there. I need a job hook-up in Texas, any of you guys happen to be execs?

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac CTS-V
268 Posts
WOW get that in and som pics up!!!

I have been kicking around an install myself. Elcipse amps, Focal speakers and JL subs, have it laying around from last car. Looking to keep factory nav.

If you change the head unit does is there any way to keep trip computer?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
GM,

I actually listened to a set of the 600 hex's (soft domes) Friday and really liked them. I'm still a little up in the air on replacement components. They will be the last thing in. I'll probably have everything playing when you come down. Deck with all accessories should be here this Friday. I got a hell of a deal on the 450/4 off e-bay:worship:. Everything else I have.

These are some in progress pics. The rear doors are being converted to 6 1/2's. Anybody need some rear door panels for 5 1/4's ??? Sub enclosure has recess and rounded edges for the 12" and slides in from the front of the seat. Seat actually holds the enclosure in, pretty neat. It will be vinyled with matching vinyl of the seats. Armrest cutout wasn't all that easy. Cutting the metal was but stretching the factory carpet wasn't. Cutting the plastic with the template attached with a dremel was a breeze. A single piece of perforated metal covered with grill cloth (both sides) covers everything and makes it I think look a little cleaner than seeing the sub. Well, got to go to work.
Shane

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Sweet....
I wouldn't mind the cutout either. Right now I have to put the seat down.
I see the dynamat, I have no problems n the trunk, put the problems I have is the ROOF, that mug be movin! Decklid & trunk is deadend and sounds great.

Good work..
Have you considered the Pioneer AVIC?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GM,

I'm just not a big Pioneer fan. With Alpine I know what I'm getting.

I didn't have any roof flexing problems before with my 12". My car has about 5 bulk packs of Dynamat Extreme in it though.

Shane

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
GM,

I'm just not a big Pioneer fan. With Alpine I know what I'm getting.

I didn't have any roof flexing problems before with my 12". My car has about 5 bulk packs of Dynamat Extreme in it though.

Shane
Not hittin hard enough...:bouncy::bouncy:
Upgrade to the W7 and you will!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Glad you liked how it turned out
-I guess my pics did help ;)
Well I have pretty muc the same set up SS does but mine is a JL 13.5w6v2
here are the pics..o and mine is ported through the rear seats as well..

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CTS-V420,

You were my inspiration bro. Been in the trunk all night messing with the amp rack. So far everything is looking good. I hope to get the IVA and the mounting kits soon so I can see which one I'm going to use. I'll have an extra to temporarily mount the deck if I have to send off the dash pieces for paint so hopefully GMBound will have an oppurtunity to hear it.

GM,

That's a little to much for (roof flexing) me. Maybe 15 years ago.

Shane

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Glad you liked how it turned out
-I guess my pics did help ;)
Well I have pretty muc the same set up SS does but mine is a JL 13.5w6v2
here are the pics..o and mine is ported through the rear seats as well..
Is that two speaker firing two directions???
SWEET!

·
Registered
404 Posts
?
its one sub... that is ported through the armrest... zero air goes into the trunk--> all into the cabin
you see the magnet of the sub though the armrest and you see the face of the w6 throgh the plexiglass window :)
i Love the way this thing looks in the car...just dont listen to music that loud any more lol

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
**Today**

Got the PAC pieces installed tonight. Now all my chimes and onstar are hooked up to the center channel speaker. Everything worked great. So far it's amazing how easy this has been.

Shane

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
Hey CTS-V420.... I'm curious how well the OS-2CTS module works... I've heard poor reviews of the GMOS-04 but not a peep about how well the GMOS-10 or OS-2CTS works. Did you use anything to maintain your steering wheel interface? I've looked into the PAC SWI-JACK but found sub-par reviews on it thus far. Good luck on everything and looking forward to your response. :thumbsup:

Jayson

P.S. What was the verdict on your dash kits? Which one was better? Did you need to paint to match? Sorry so many questions just looking into a complete overhaul of the system in my CTS as well.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
8/6/07 **Update**

Thought I would give you guys an update. The Alpine IVA-W205 along with 701 processor is installed along with the new amps. Car sounds amazing now even without tuning yet. I've startred a thread over at the DIY forum to update pics on so I probably won't be posting on this thread again. Going to have a bunch of pics put up tonight.

Thread: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17514

Shane

1 - 18 of 18 Posts