Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Deville, 08 Envoy, 88 Lx Stang (Gone But Never Forgotten)
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the hunt for a AC Compressor for my 97 Deville (Base Model). Not sure if anyone here has replaced thier Compressors yet and can give input on which companies offer a good aftermarket replacement. I have had the AC system worked on laast year and there where metal particals in refrigerant so my Information Panel gives me Error Messages " Service AC System" and AC Compressor Off". Want to get rid off thisproblem ASAP!! Please Advise???

thanks George

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,146 Posts
If there are/were metal particles in the refrigerant, you're way beyond the compressor replacement stage. It's time for a professional HVAC shop, because the entire system now needs flushing, new filter/drier, oil calculation, and compressor, and maybe a new expansion valve at the evaporator (in-car coil).

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,584 Posts
I would use an A/C Delco compressor. Be sure to replace the condenser, orifice tube and the accumulator and flush all the remaining lines.

·
Registered
'87 Coupe DeVille 4.1L FWD(New engine '08) 1981 F100 '03FXDL
879 Posts
George can you do any of this work or do you plan to hire it out? Automotive AC is not a mystery system and easy enough to learn. Replacing parts/pieces yourself will save massive piles of money. How many vehicles do you have that have AC?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dave S...All my vehicles have AC??? Why???

To ALL others...I am looking to replace the whole systems because of the metal particles.My question to all is if anyone knows of a place gto purchase these kits? I have seena few on the web just looking for some info if anyone on forum purchased a AC Kit recently and where they got it from??

·
Registered
'87 Coupe DeVille 4.1L FWD(New engine '08) 1981 F100 '03FXDL
879 Posts
All my vehicles have AC??? Why???
why?? well if you learn how to do AC work yourself, you can save yourself a hellofalot money! why else?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just purchased a kit from discountacparts.com.. NEW compressor,accumulator,orifice tube, o-rings and oil. Know I need to work on a HVAC repair guy in my area that will flush my system properly and get my caddy working right?? Anyone know people in Boston Area???

·
Registered
83 Eldorado Biarritz, 84 Eldorado, 92 DeVille
54 Posts
I bought all my tools and parts here:

http://www.acpartsonline.com/

Like Dave says, if you invest a little in tools you can save a fortune in labour. It's not hard at all to do. I invested less than $1000 in guages, tools and such and I service the AC on all of my family's cars now.

JayArr

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i dont have to worry about the gauges and everything beacause my dad is a plumber and hvac certified.. Just worried about getting the old stuff out properly before installing new parts a 134a. PLus not sure where to put the 134a into system and how much oil should be in parts??? Mainly really worried about recovering old 134a!!!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well i Have the update... I got my kit and and hac it installed and as of right now my caddy is Awsome.. The A/C is ice cold!!!! The Auto option works now and my car seems to run a little cooler temp also. I will keep the forum updated during the summer months. Hopefully the new kit i purchased holds up!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2004 Seville, 1994 DeVille
19 Posts
Well i Have the update... I got my kit and and hac it installed and as of right now my caddy is Awsome.. The A/C is ice cold!!!! The Auto option works now and my car seems to run a little cooler temp also. I will keep the forum updated during the summer months. Hopefully the new kit i purchased holds up!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed.
Where did you get the kit from and is your ac still working fine?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts