Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
'98 Seville STS 309,000 and still going
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Had my '98 Seville to JiffyLube yesturday :helpless: and as soon as I pulled out of the parking lot, the check engine light came on. Did not have time to go back there yesturday and just had time to pull the codes.
Here's what I got:
C1252-Left front normal force malfunction
C1253-Right front normal force malfunction
U1255-Class 2 communication malfunction
P0113-Air intake temp. circuit high voltage
P1111-Intake temp. circuit intermittent high voltage

The P0113 and P1111.. When I took the resinator off to take a look, (They checked the air filter) the intake sensor was unplugged. That is solved

The C and U codes, that is the problem. I do not see anything else unplugged, I must be missing something. Where should I be looking for the cause of the C1252/1253 and U1255 issue?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL ... I know I know... and I have learned my lesson, first and last time to JiffyLube... That's all it was.. just an oil change

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,158 Posts
It's the two P codes that tripped the SES light and that is because they did not plug the IAT sensor back in. The other codes have probably been there for some time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had to run some errands, check engine light has stayed off since hooking the intake sensor back in.. you were right Ranger. I failed to mention that when the car is started, Speed Limited to 90 is lit up. I pulled codes when I got back, same C1252-1253 and U1255.... Found something odd though. While going through the on board computer, I came to RSS, checked it for codes and got "NO RSS DATA".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just broke the 320K mark last week. They are the original shocks/struts. If you are wondering, yes the engine/transmission are also original. Head gaskests changed by previous owner, bought the car in 2009 with 289K. I am the 2nd owner.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,764 Posts
Well hell, 300k on stock suspension components? I think you're well past the period required for replacement. :lol:

Glad to hear it's still running well though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So the U1255 could be the NO RSS DATA then? As far as the C1252/1253, that has to do with the abs? Any ideas on what to look for or how to trouble shoot this?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
The C codes are caused by the NO CVRSS data.
Basically as is now, your car has no CVRSS module on the data bus; either the data wires are disconnected or the power to the module is out. But since the C codes mentioned are for the DL lines...that is not data line related so POWER is OUT.
Check your fuses!
300K wow!!!! I am just over 155K on a second set of struts...and '98 was a bad year for a Seville.

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
....300K wow!!!!....and '98 was a bad year for a Seville.
Say's who?

Is that "opinion" based on empirical evidence through ownership of a '98 Seville? Or are you parroting Internet sourced hearsay?

·
Registered
1996 Eldorado
2,814 Posts
For me it would take about the same amount of courage to service the car at JiffyLube as it does to buy a Caddy with 289,000 miles on it.

Keep that thing going as long as you are reasonably capable of doing so. That car is one for the books.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts