Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ats
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading another post, and they mentioned they didn't get great service after the sale. I bought my wife's ats from a dealer back in August and never heard from them again. not even a call to check on how the car is or if she had any questions. Is this what they all do as dealers? At least when we bought our Infiniti G37x they was in contact a few times after the sale. even called 4 years later to see if we wanted to upgrade. they also came and got the car for service work (2 hrs away from dealer) and gave a New loaner car. I must say for $50K + the service after sale is not very impressive just wondering if all others have better luck. thanks.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T AWD, 2016 SRX AWD
27 Posts
I got a call, maybe a week after purchase, to check in and see if I had any questions. I assume you are going back to the dealer for the included premium care maintenance, right? I haven't hit my first yet, but I assume I'd get a call from the salesperson - "how was service? how's the car? any questions"? I would otherwise be disappointed.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T Premium
223 Posts
The Cadillac sales team hasn't contacted me since I bought the car. Personally, I would just as soon that they leave me alone, but I can see why other people would like a little more attention. With that being said, that Infiniti dealer of yours has smart salesmen. The more they talk to you, the more likely they are to sell you another car, or get you to refer somebody to them.

·
Registered
2019 XT4, 2014 ATS 2.0 luxury
194 Posts
These days with everyone shopping for price there probably is less of a premium in developing a relationship with a saleman-probably more important to develop one with someone in the sevice department who hopefully you won't have to deal with too much.

When I went back to my salesman whom I bought my 2008 CTS from for my 2013 ATS, he started thumbing through his contact cards and mine was on the very botton-no wonder-I had bought the car 5 years before. But then when I bought my 2014 ATS less than 2 years later, he obviously remembered me. Just called me last week-a little after the 3 month anniversary of having bought the 2014 car asking me how I liked the 2014 as compared to the 2013 and how my wife liked driving the 2013. We chatted for a while. I asked him to asked Ruth (the service advisor I had been using) to check if there were any any outstanding recalls on either cars with which we had to deal.

About 2 hours later, Ruth called me back saying there was one on the 2013 ATS, she had ordered the part, and would call to schedule an appt when the part came in. Think this is pretty good keeping in contact as well as service.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T Premium RWD 6MT
637 Posts
my salesman at Ed Morse in Tampa called me several times after purchase to see if I was happy and if I needed anything. since then(May 14) we have become friends and txt frequently. I have been very pleased with the post-purchase communication, in fact everything post-purchase has been a delight! I think the key is finding a great dealership!

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
This is customer service 101. Not just for cars, but it applies to just about anything. I have a local gun shop that calls me two days after I buy a gun from them to see how I like it and if I shot it yet. They have amazing customer service and their reviews show it. None of the other gun shops I bought from have ever done that before.

I'm in real estate and I call my clients 24 hours, 48 hours, a week, and a month after closing. Then I try and follow up 3-4 times a year with a call/text, plus they get emailed and postcards as well. I do it because I want referrals, and thats why dealership do it too.

·
Registered
2013 3.6 RWD Premium - 2006 BMW Z4M
1,547 Posts
I agree they should do it as part of good "customer service" but personally prefer it when they don't. I would prefer an e-mail or something in the mail that I can look at when I have nothing better to do.

The realtor we bought our house from 8 years ago still calls me twice a year and I wish there was a nice way to ask her to stop. Nothing wrong with what she is doing but just a call I would rather not get.

C

·
0 Posts
My Sales Consultant called me twice afterwards to make sure I was ok with everything that was enough IMO.
One thing I really can not stand is the constant Cadillac junk mail being sent to my house by various Cadillac dealers in my area that some how got a hold of my personal information along with occasional phone calls.
I want to be left alone and personally find these sale tactics terrible and down right low class to the point I have even worked with Cadillac customer service here to try and block the some of dealers from constantly mailing me stuff which some what slowed down.

·
Registered
2014 2.0t AWD
276 Posts
Mine did not contact me, even though he said he would call when the service department had a replacement trim clip they somehow messed up in the trunk.
It's par for the course on what to expect with GM 'customer service'. In '87 I bought a new IROC Z-28 that had a chip on the edge of the window glass. Salesman said he would call when the service department got the new glass in. That was 28 years ago :bigroll:.

I'm hopeful that at my funeral, amongst the flower arrangements, there will be a replacement driver's side window glass for an '87 Camaro propped up against the casket.

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,547 Posts
My sales rep must have got fired or something. I have gotten many emails saying whoever is my new contact at the dealer. It has been 3 different people so far. The newest Sales rep asked me if I had ant questions. So I did and emailed back. Well that wasd a month ago and nothing ever was sent back. But I get these damn questionairs about there service every [email protected]#King month that I have to fill out. If I don't I keep getting that email until I do it.So they need me for that but when I am asked what they can do for me they don't get back to me. Then don't email me with false promisses. Just don't email me at all then. And when I have a problem I will call and bring my car in.

Even at the dealer when I am looking at new cars I don't have someone coming over to say can I help you. Which I like. The funny thing is when they find out I can afford what I am looking at they start jumping through hoops. Don't get me wrong over all I like my dealer. To me that's all they are is a dealer. They just sell me a car and that's a wrap. I don't want to have dinner and a movie with them unless I get free stuff. That's not gonna happen. I don't want to hang out with snob type people. That's not me. I see many sales people there that are stuck up acting for what? And then they go home to there 1 bed room apartment with their 2000 Honda civic but they act like they have money. That's really my only gripe about going to the dealer. Just sell me a car and we do not need to be friends please. I know I'm an [email protected]$hole some times. I just see through people and what they want from me. They just want my money. They even try and sell you things that don't exist and all those other charges that have no meaning but cost money.Destination charges? for what the car was on your lot already. Yeah I'm just bitching right now:want:

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,462 Posts
My sales guy did lots of followup. Not much on emails but he did text me with info and called a few times. Then passed me off to an assigned SA when he went to used car sales. At my request I told them not to have salesman call as I tßend to keep my cars for years. Almost always get a hand written note from my SA shortly after every visit. Also got followup letters from various management types asking for input if I was not satisfied with sale or service.

Overall my dealer is top notch so far.

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
I agree they should do it as part of good "customer service" but personally prefer it when they don't. I would prefer an e-mail or something in the mail that I can look at when I have nothing better to do.

The realtor we bought our house from 8 years ago still calls me twice a year and I wish there was a nice way to ask her to stop. Nothing wrong with what she is doing but just a call I would rather not get.
Her issue is she is not providing any value to you. I would never call a past client out of the blue without having something of value to provide. Some of my clients enjoy chit chat, but the majority need a reason for me to call. Out of curiosity, have you given this Realtor any referrals the last 8 years?

·
Registered
2013 3.6 RWD Premium - 2006 BMW Z4M
1,547 Posts
Her issue is she is not providing any value to you. I would never call a past client out of the blue without having something of value to provide. Some of my clients enjoy chit chat, but the majority need a reason for me to call. Out of curiosity, have you given this Realtor any referrals the last 8 years?
I agree, am in heavy equipment sales and need to have something of interest for them but at the same time they want to stay current and always have plans to buy more. Problem with her is I don't think there is anything she could say that I would be interested in, similar to the car dealer (at least with most I know more about what they sell than they do). I haven't given her any referrals, I would but we quickly got multiple realtor friends and haven't had an opportunity.

·
Registered
ATS 4 2.0T
42 Posts
My salesman has called twice. When I found out the car had Recalls, I contacted my salesman and he arranged with the Service Department to look at the car. My Service Advisor scheduled the appointment after the parts were in to have the car repaired. They also installed the remote start, changed the oil and rebalanced all 4 tires. $277 bucks later.

My salesman called me to check to see if the services were done to my satisfaction. All told, a pleasant experience.

Now, for the kicker, this is not a Cadillac Dealer, but the local Chevy Dealer. Hence the reason I had to pay for the oil change and tires to be rebalanced. They do the recall work on my Corvette and change the oil once a year (I provide the Mobil 1 filter and Mobil 1 oil). Second car I have purchased from them. I wonder if I could submit the receipts to Cadillac and get reimbursed? I know the remote start costs are mine, but the oil change and tires should be taken care of, since the closest Cadillac Dealer is 90 miles from my house.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
2,404 Posts
I know the remote start costs are mine, but the oil change and tires should be taken care of, since the closest Cadillac Dealer is 90 miles from my house.
It's worth contacting GM about this. Maybe the GM customer service reps on the board could get the process going for you.

·
Registered
'14 BMW 328xi
320 Posts
I was just reading another post, and they mentioned they didn't get great service after the sale. I bought my wife's ats from a dealer back in August and never heard from them again. not even a call to check on how the car is or if she had any questions. Is this what they all do as dealers? At least when we bought our Infiniti G37x they was in contact a few times after the sale. even called 4 years later to see if we wanted to upgrade. they also came and got the car for service work (2 hrs away from dealer) and gave a New loaner car. I must say for $50K + the service after sale is not very impressive just wondering if all others have better luck. thanks.
To me, calling to upsell you is not part of great service--they just want to make more money from you. But I would definitely expect a lux brand to have the salesman follow up once or twice after the sale. My BMW dealer did this, as did Lexus before me. Even for my wife's Mazda dealer which was an hour away.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Not sure if I got a call-back, though I'm not in a mindset that I need to feel appreciated. What matters is that the service dept. makes sure that they take ownership of the problem if one arises. As luck would have it, I did have a few issues that have since been resolved, and i have to say that I'm very impressed with the service. I've been given a loaner even with a short-notice appointment, and they've even fully detailed my car when I found fingerprints on the headliner. Mistakes happen. What matters to me is that they take necessary steps to resolve the issue without it turning into a headache. As for the sales team; I'm inclined to return if this is the level of service I'm going to be given for the duration of my lease.

·
Registered
2004 CTS Lux Sport and 2014 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux
911 Posts
Here in NJ, you have to return to the dealer in about 2 weeks to get your permanent plates. So the saleman will call you to make sure everything is okay, and chat when you are there, where he will mount the plates for you.

Quite frankly, I don't need them to call me to upsale anything else. I do make sure the service dept eventually knows who I am and take care of me when I return for service. Getting occasional e-mail or snail mail reminders is quite sufficient for me.

·
Registered
2014 ATS Performance 2013 SRX Premium
1,045 Posts
Got a nice postcard from Cadillac thanking me for my purchase, Salesperson wrote me an email asking If was pleased and if there was anything she could do just call or write. Parts Department wrote with link to all the accessories for the ATS and If I wanted to personalize my car they'd be there to help. Dealer sent me a review to fill out online and GM sent me an on-line survey to rate the dealership and staff. On-Star wrote thanking me for being a new customer and followed up with a letter telling me all the things my On-Star connection could do as part of the service.

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,547 Posts
I agree with you.
Here in NJ, you have to return to the dealer in about 2 weeks to get your permanent plates. So the saleman will call you to make sure everything is okay, and chat when you are there, where he will mount the plates for you.

Quite frankly, I don't need them to call me to upsale anything else. I do make sure the service dept eventually knows who I am and take care of me when I return for service. Getting occasional e-mail or snail mail reminders is quite sufficient for me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts