Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS Every Option
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

This will probably be one of my last posts on the forum and it is definitely a bitter sweet moment for me. I had my CTS from 45k to 106k and have loved every minute of it. I have a 2005 black on black 3.6L with sport, lux, nav, Bose, HIDs. I went through an engine rebuild with it and then that threw a rod and I had to do an engine swap, both out of warranty but both still mostly covered by the GM dealership. They had great customer service. My younger brother (20) will be taking the CTS from me, so it will stay in the family which is nice. I have moved on the smaller and better things, a 2009 BMW 335i M-sport sedan loaded with every option. Black with Oyster interior.

And the new baby. It is honestly an amazing car to drive, even without a tune, which can put about 60 more HP and TQ at the rear wheels too. Car flys and drives like it is on rails. A very unique experience.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Base and 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport Premium
569 Posts
Sorry to see you go but congrats bro! Mod away because I know there's a lot you can do with that beamer.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to see you go but congrats bro! Mod away because I know there's a lot you can do with that beamer.
Yeah there really is. Basic mods are a tune, new charge pipe, intake, and downpipes. Those four mods give about 100 HP and TQ at the wheels and cost around $1300...talk about a bargain haha

Mine is under warranty for another 3.5 years and 50,000 miles, so I don't want to do too much modding to void the warranty. Tune can be removed fairly easy and gives around 50HP and TQ so I will probably do that.

·
Registered
2004 CTS luxury package
300 Posts
One of my friends recently dumped his BMW. Said it was a maintenance nightmare. In a few years, will you regret your decision?

Time will tell.

I don't want a BMW based on what the mechanics I've dealt with say about them. They break. They cost a lot to fix. Then they break again.

·
Registered
03 CTS (Dead), 06 3.6 CTS(Sold), 07 CTS-V
1,503 Posts
nice looking car man. hope it treats you well and doesn't give you a headache. Im sure the added hp makes it a real kick compared to the cts.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah BMWs are horrible. They break down to much and have way to much plastic parts yuck.
I would guarantee if you drove a new 335i you would think twice about that. And it is under warranty for 3.5 more years and 50,000 miles, so I'm not too worried. The N54 engines have a lot of issues mainly because or the forced induction.

Maintenance can be a pain, but not so much on the newer ones if you keep up with it and treat it right. I've been lurking on the e90post forums for about a year now learning all about them, finally decided to get one! So far so good..

·
Registered
2003 CTS 3.2L, Luxury Sport, Diamond White
659 Posts
bigdawgfoxx said:
I would guarantee if you drove a new 335i you would think twice about that. And it is under warranty for 3.5 more years and 50,000 miles, so I'm not too worried. The N54 engines have a lot of issues mainly because or the forced induction.

Maintenance can be a pain, but not so much on the newer ones if you keep up with it and treat it right. I've been lurking on the e90post forums for about a year now learning all about them, finally decided to get one! So far so good..
Glad to see you're happy with your new car! Almost went with an 05 3-series instead of my CTS, but personally I'm glad I made my choice. The fact that yours is an M though makes it all worth it. Have fun!

Just gonna say though...you really can't beat the look of a first gen CTS or CTS-V when seeing it from the rear like in that last pic of yours. Looks fantastic....

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad to see you're happy with your new car! Almost went with an 05 3-series instead of my CTS, but personally I'm glad I made my choice. The fact that yours is an M though makes it all worth it. Have fun!

Just gonna say though...you really can't beat the look of a first gen CTS or CTS-V when seeing it from the rear like in that last pic of yours. Looks fantastic....
Yeah between a 2005 BMW and 2005 CTS, I think I would stick with the CTS. And to be clear mine is not an M3, it is a 335i With Msport package. Basically looks similar to an M3, (sportier front and rear bumpers, lower side skirts, M labeled door sills, awesome M-sport steering wheel, nice 18" M-sport rims, and the sport suspension. So close to an M3 asthetically, just minus the engine ha

I agree car looks great from the back. Honestly, looks great from all angles. I know my brother will love the car so I am happy for him.

·
Registered
2003 CTS 3.2L, Luxury Sport, Diamond White
659 Posts
bigdawgfoxx said:
Yeah between a 2005 BMW and 2005 CTS, I think I would stick with the CTS. And to be clear mine is not an M3, it is a 335i With Msport package. Basically looks similar to an M3, (sportier front and rear bumpers, lower side skirts, M labeled door sills, awesome M-sport steering wheel, nice 18" M-sport rims, and the sport suspension. So close to an M3 asthetically, just minus the engine ha

I agree car looks great from the back. Honestly, looks great from all angles. I know my brother will love the car so I am happy for him.
Yeah I gotcha. Between an 09 BMW and an 05 CTS I'd definitely go with the BMW like you did.

And alright I see. So your M-sport is like what half of us on here have done to our CTS's...basically a V aesthetically but without the engine hahaha.

·
Registered
03 CTS (Dead), 06 3.6 CTS(Sold), 07 CTS-V
1,503 Posts
My friend has a 09 328i and i hate the interior compared to the cts. Although it is the most base version they offered, so im sure the m is quite different.

·
Registered
Cadillac
264 Posts
Good luck, been there done it, found out the hard way that BMW means Bring Money Withyou.
Regardless, hope you have good luck with this one and enjoy it, it looks really nice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts