Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I had a post entiled " Unexplainable DeVille Problem's". My '93 DeVille was hesitating, backfiring idiling rough. One minute it would ride fine the next, no good. Whenever I would turn on the headlight's ,defroster, use the electric window's ,it would drive even worse and miss and hesitate and backfire. 2 so called good mechanic's that were referred to me could not find the problem, who said it was cardon build up,(yea right) who didnt even know. The 2nd mechanic had the car for 7 day's and still didnt know what was wrong. The 2nd mechanic swore that he checked everything! Turn's out that the 3rd. mechanic who is a certified mechanic and has been in the business 20 years found the problem in 5 minutes, it was the battery cable, also a secondary problem was the idile speed control motor. (My year car dosent have a mass airflow sensor.) I hope this may help someone experiencing the same problem's. "The Sandman" was correct when mentioning the charging system, thank's Sandman but this mechanic found it on his own in 5 minutes. Being that I'm not a mechanic I didnt even think of mentioning that to the mechanic. This has taught me one thing, if you were going to have brain surgery you would want the best surgeon right? Same thing with our car's, we depend on our vehicle's. Ya have a problem find the best mechanic, I know they are hard to find I was lucky, but find one! I'm not knocking mechanic's, like everything else there are some good and some bad, and some just down right EVIL! The two I had were just not knowledgable. I dont know about you, but to have to go out and buy a new car right now was not what I was looking to do. Plus I can't afford a new Caddy. Good luck to ya and I hope this may help someone who find's themselves in the same situation I was in, and thank's to the people who tried to help by answering my post. Russ in Jersey

·
...Reloaded
1,698 Posts
Hey Russ - I'm glad you got your problems addressed. You make a good point - look around until you find a good mechanic, then stick with him. Makes all the difference in the world.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how it turned out - it was a learning experience for us too. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
the Sandman