Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
It would be nice to talk to a trained cadi mechanic because someone told me that the Sport mode does the same thing and keeps the trans in a lower gear.

·
Registered
White '04 CTS 3.6L,Two JL 12w7 + Bose/ Boston Tweets
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i do recall someone saying it make it run richer, but this is plus or minus 1.0, stock is 14.7, i dont know if sport mode would put it up to 15.7
i just dont know how u install the damn thing...lol

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
damn great site...thanks for the link...i will definitely be ordering some stuff from there...let us know how your product works out

·
Registered
White '04 CTS 3.6L,Two JL 12w7 + Bose/ Boston Tweets
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea its the one kael showed everyone, theres a better diff in there if u want it $1500
i just need to know how to hook it up then ill buy it and tell you all how it works out..

·
Registered
'05 CTS 3.6L
102 Posts
Sport mode does NOT change anything other than the transmission shifting. This device is essentially just allowing more fuel into the engine making it run richer. I'd be concerned that the ignition is not advanced to take advantage of the rich mixture, so you are probably wasting more fuel than necessary. Best bet is to send e-mails to chip manufacturers so they make us a chip!!!

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS Every Option
516 Posts
Sport mode does NOT change anything other than the transmission shifting. This device is essentially just allowing more fuel into the engine making it run richer. I'd be concerned that the ignition is not advanced to take advantage of the rich mixture, so you are probably wasting more fuel than necessary. Best bet is to send e-mails to chip manufacturers so they make us a chip!!!
I've heard that it also adjust the amount of fuel being put into the engine at different throttle positions...

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
i agree with craigtone...if the "sport mode button" adjusted the amount of fuel flow into the engine, then why would they even make aftermarket parts for this? and why in the world would GM even consider doing this for it's customers? this button just changes your shift points and that is about it...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts