Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to reduce the risk of lifter failure. Plus wouldn’t hurt for the exhaust (corsa) to sound more consistent

Any input on AFM delete?
Any notable change to mpg?
Any risk of warranty issues assuming lifters do go out and they try to blame engine tuning?
And what are preferred ways of getting this done?

thank y’all

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
99 ETC 13 XTS 69 Chevelle 17 Yukon
1,200 Posts
I don't think they have anything to disable at this time for 2019 up, if you keep oil changed and correct weight oil you shouldn't have problem plus you got five-year power train warranty. Nice looking Escalade

· Registered
2007 Escalade
7 Posts
You would need to investigate the legality first. I have deleted 2 while doing AFM repairs due to sticking lifters with zero compression in the failed cylinders but I understand the Smog Check facilities are starting to look at your computer and search for modifications to keep cars smog legal. Since I heard that smog law news I repair them correctly with a new AFM Manifold and new AFM lifters but that is a major job and involves removing the cylinder heads. The AFM deletes I did involved using a GM computer to go in and actually turn off the AFM system so the computer no longer tells it to activate, second you block the oil feed to the AFM system so it can't accidentally activate. This method leaves all the AFM lifters in the engine but they will now perform like a conventional lifter which keeps them from failing. For cars with over 150,000 miles I think the delete is a decent option since the car probably won't go another 150,000 miles it lowers the cost to get it back on the road. All smog systems still operate normally it just runs on 8 cylinders the rest of it's life. I noticed 1 mpg or less change with the delete done on both the 6.2L and on a 5.3L. AFM sounds funky but it does give slightly better MPG.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts