Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T RWD
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've installed this on my 13 ATS 2.0 to replace the ZZP Intake Tube and K&N set up. Now after a day I get a CEL and Lean Code, also motor has a miss at idle and at stop lights almost stalls. Took to my mechanic checked for leaks found nothing. He said put the old set up back on so I did and car runs great again. I'm also using the Diablosport T2 93 Tune... Anyone experienced this with an AFE Cold Air Intake?

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
7,979 Posts
Have you talked to AFE? Is the Diablosport tune one of those that you can "turn off" if you want? If so, did you try the intake on the stock tune?

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T RWD
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I originally had the oiled filter and they sent me the dry said it didn't flow as much. As for the Diablosport yes I can return to stock. Also tried it without Tune with same results. I was going to get a Custom Tune but not sure if would make a difference or just more money spent...

·
Vendor
ATS 2.0T gone, 17 Charger Scat Pack current
1,177 Posts
Well, sure sounds like the intake will require a tune, and its entirely up to you whether its worth retuning for it or not.
I don't believe there is any big gain from an intake on these cars at tuned boost levels, and any gains there are should be very similar between the 2 intakes, but one requires a custom tune to work as well as the other, so to me the choice is easy :)

Beyond that, check the orientation of the MAF sensor.
That can have a big effect on how the motor runs and getting it lined up properly may help (the CTSV2s were notorious for this with any CAI).

Thanks

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T RWD
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, Thanks that being said anyone interested in a slightly used AFE CAI with 2 filters... Lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts