Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Advice on selling price

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  RonBaker 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Seriously thinking of selling my 2013 ATS 2.0T luxury no nav or sunroof r/w drive with 15.6k miles thunder grey/black interior.
Like new. Just had dealer replace CUE system. Garage always. day/night.
Need an SUV. Great fun car just not practical for my life.
I think its an amazing find for someone so want a good price for it.
thanks in advance.
Cade

#4 ·
Horrible time to sell but a great time to buy. I have been bombarded in the last three days with dealers offering 7 year 0 percent on new vehicles because nobody is going to be buying cars for a few months. Your best deal right now might be trading in at a dealer for your new vehicle, used resale prices are going to suck everywhere for awhile but depending upon your location there may be a decent sales tax benefit for doing a trade instead of a private sale.

Rodger

#6 ·
Cade,

I understand but these are very weird economic times so the usual rules don't apply. Resale is terrible now but that may well be offset by extremely good deals on new vehicles because even with all of the majors shutting down production nothing is going to be moving off the lots at this point and both manufacturers and their captive dealer network will likely soon be chasing cash flow again. I really wasn't in a rush to move out of my 2014 but I will have to rethink that over the coming months.

Rodger

#7 ·
You can price it up with KBB, Edmunds, True Car and get a good idea for private sale and trade-in value.
They adjust for low miles and excellent condition, but it doesn't change a lot.
WeBuyAnyCar is another place to get a value guide and a quick sale if needed.

If the car pricing sights focus you in on a value, potential buyers will be checking that also, so they aren't
going to pay a lot more than what value guides say.

#8 ·
A CarMax appraisal/offer is an excellent place top get a real value. They will give you a price they will pay you for it that is almost always slightly higher than dealer trade in value. Add a couple thousand to that and you have your private party value.

#10 ·
I just traded mine in. 2013 3.6L AWD Performance with all the options (adaptive cruise, carbon fiber interior etc.) with 84,000 miles. KBB was around $9k - $10.5k for trade in depending on condition. My condition was not great, two decent size door dings, a gash in the rear bumper that was unprofessionally touched up myself and all the rims were road rashed to hell.

Got a $10k offer from carmax, $9k offer from one dealer, and the dealer I ended up buying my new (to me) car matched carmax at $10k

#14 ·
Don't sell it, you won't make your money back. Rent it out via the app called Turo, Turo App. This is just a recommendation, and I personally haven't used this app.

Simple math, rent it out for 50$ and worst case scenario you only get 50 hits a year. That's 2,500 in your pocket, you can basically use that to pay for your new vehicle.

I haven't used it due to the fact my ATS is my daily driver, but just throwing the idea out there. Then in the winter time use your ATS as your beater.

Back on topic, if your lucky to find a good buyer probably 13k. That's exactly what the dealer will try to flip it for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.