Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
05 STS V8 1SG with ACC, 99 STS (Sold), 06 CL500 (Wifes)
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need to know what you guys think. I Just got my 99 STS painted again and it look brand new. I am really excitied.

Before i had it painted, I had gold pin stripes on it. My friend said it looks much better with out pin strips. Can anyone give me suggests? I personally am somewhat what more inclinded to getting the pin stripes, but maybe that is becuase I am accustomed to having them on there.

Please chime in. Thanks

·
Registered
02 STS
267 Posts
i have an 02sts it came with the pinstrip on already when i bought the car i think it looks better with the pinstrip adds class

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,794 Posts
Yeah, my '02 has them and I think it looks better with them.

·
Registered
1991 Eldorado (Gone) ; 2001 Seville SLS (RIP) ; 2005 DeVille
228 Posts
My 01 has them, and I don't really notice them. I'd say it's really just all about what you think looks best. It's your car :yup:

·
Registered
2010 Black Cherry CTS AWD
263 Posts
I like the look of the pinstripes but I don't think that they're that necessary on our cars beacause of the curves that the body has going down the length of the car. I don't have them on my pearl white 99 SLS. I'm sure that it would look good with them, but, it looks just as good without. Depending on the color of your car and the stripes, it might add some of that extra class to it. Speaking of which, what colr is your car repainted to and what color pinstripes are you thinking about getting?

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS
687 Posts
I prefer pinstripes.. My 00' came with 2 packages of pinstripes.. One from factory (painted) and another I assume came with the rag top that is just like decals. I cant seem to crop my pictures.. But ill work on it and post it.

MacK

·
Registered
1996 ETC convertible
3 Posts
I had some gold tape pinstripes on my 96 eldo, but they were peeling so I took them off. I ended up getting some hand painted silver ones put back on and they look great.

·
Registered
2006 STS 1SF V8 - pearl white with tan interior
101 Posts
Pinstripes on suits - good.
Pinstripes on the STS - not as good (personal opinion)

I would agree that some colors are better suited to them. Dowhatchalike, all there is to it. No one else is paying for your car, so who cares what they think?

·
Registered
05 STS V8 1SG with ACC, 99 STS (Sold), 06 CL500 (Wifes)
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think i am going to go with the gold pin stripes on black. Chime in before monday if you think i a crazy. :)

·
Registered
1996 Eldorado Sport Coupe, 2009 Black Navigator
5,032 Posts
The pin stripe enhances the beauty of the car. Stripes all the way(IMO).

·
Registered
96 SLS 02 STS
38 Posts
my 96 is red w/ gold pin stripes ( also has gold emblems) i think it looks nice, the 02 is silver with no pin stripes i think that looks great as well LOL, but as everyone else has said, its your car, your the one that has to like it in the end

1 - 15 of 15 Posts