Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hoping someone can give me some tips or procedure for replacing the upper dash on my XLR. I purchased one off eBay new old stock for have retail.

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,829 Posts
I'll write something up tonight, but you can pay $5 a day for Service manual procedures (with pics!) that may cover it better. I'll supply that link as well.

CC

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,829 Posts
XLR Dash Pad Removal-Replacement:

Online repair manuals are available here for $5 a day for all you care to download: https://www.repairprocedures.com/index.php

1) Raise and stow the top.
2) Disable the SIR by pulling the appropriate fuse.
3) The center console trim plate is pressed against the center stack trim plate at the bottom, and must be moved out of the way. Use a plastic trim removal tool to gently pry the trim plate upwards, starting at both rear sides and move forward. If it can’t be moved far enough away, remove the trim ring below the shift knob by sliding it downwards. Loosen the T-15 Torx set screw and lift the shift knob upwards. The trim plate can be lifted upwards to clear the center stack trim plate.
4) Remove the center stack trim plate using a plastic trim removal tool. Like the console trim plate, it is secured with clips located on the outside edge. Disconnect the hazard light switch at the connector.
5) Remove the Driver’s Side Knee Bolster: It’s located just below the steering wheel column. There are two fasteners on the bottom and clips at the bottom and top corners. Once the fasteners are removed, pull the knee bolster straight out. Remove the gas cap cover and rear deck lid release switches at their connector.
6) Remove the DIC switches: First remove the driver’s side closeout panel below the knee bolter. Pry the IP courtesy lamp assembly out with a plastic trim tool. There are a couple of push pins holding the panel in place. Remove the retaining screws from the bottom of the DIC switch housing, pull out to disengage the retaining clip and disconnect the connector.
7) Remove the dimmer/HUD switches: Basically a repeat of the DIC switch removal.
8) Remove the windshield Side Garnish Moldings: These are easy. Just grasp them with your hands and pull straight out.
9) Remove the Instrument Panel side trim panels.
10) Remove the four retaining screws from the upper dash pad. The screws are located at each end, in the center of the Instrument Panel and behind the DIC switch cavity.
11) Pull upwards on the dash pad to disengage the retaining clips.
12) Disconnect the sunload/twilight sentinel sensor from the dash pad.
13) Have a beer or two.
14) Reverse the removal procedure from steps 12 to 1 to install the new dash pad.
15) Have a few more beers, toasting me with each new beer.

Have fun!

CCC

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,659 Posts
The thread died 4.5 years ago and that was also the time of the last login. I would not hold my breath waiting for an answer...........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts